Delco teacher sentenced to 78 months for child porn
MEDIA, Pa. - November 14, 2011 (WPVI) -- A former first grade teacher in the West Chester School District was sentenced to 78 months in prison after pleading guilty to possessing more than 600 images of child pornography and distributing videos of children being sexually abused.
35-year-old David Devine of Chester Heights, Delaware County pled guilty back on November 14th.
He was arrested in August of 2010 after a tip call to the Center for Missing and Exploited Children.
Devine taught at Penn Wood Elementary School and also ran a day camp.
He was released on bail after his arrest, but had to stay at his mother's home in Chester Heights because his home was too close to another school.
Devine was on electronic monitoring while out on bail.
He was not allowed to have contact with minors and could not go where minors culd be found. He was also not allowed to use computers or the internet.
pennsylvania, delaware county, child porn, crime
- London theater partially collapses; 80 injured 36 min ago
- Record Weekend Warmth
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's 23 min ago
- Steps you can take to reduce fraud risk 25 min ago
- Attempted child luring in Newtown, Bucks County 12 min ago
- Holiday tips, cards stolen in East Pikeland Twp.
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding
- Cat hoarder at Grace Kelly home found guilty
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Video captures Laundromat robbery 27 min ago
- Teacher admits to sex with 4 students
- Bring old clothes to new H&M for savings 56 min ago
- Remembering a wife/mother lost to cancer
38 min ago
- Security breach affected all cards, not...
23 min ago
- London theater partially collapses; 80...
36 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos