Arrest in string of Wawa robberies in Delaware County
RADNOR TWP., Pa. - February 15, 2012 (WPVI) -- Authorities have announced an arrest in a string of robberies at Wawa convenience stores in Delaware County.
Police say Rezekiel Harris, 34, of Philadelphia has confessed to three separate robberies at Wawa stores in Lansdowne, Upper Darby and Bryn Mawr.
The Bryn Mawr robbery happened February 9th at 11:00 p.m. inside the Wawa on the 200 block of South Bryn Mawr Avenue.
Police say Harris, wearing an Old Navy sweatshirt, was armed with a handgun, which went off during the course of the robbery.
A bullet hit the floor and sent debris flying into the air, striking a 44-year-old male store employee in the arm.
An undisclosed amount of money was taken.
Harris is currently awaiting processing with Upper Darby Township Police relating to the robbery charges which occurred in Upper Darby Township.
Police are still on the hunt for a second suspect, who held the doors closed during the Bryn Mawr robbery and who fled the scene with Harris.
pennsylvania, robbery, philadelphia, delaware county, wawa, crime
- Coffins unearthed at North Philly school
- Temps soar above normal 33 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Pedestrian struck and killed in Mercer County
- Kutztown coach accused of covering up teen's rape
- Man struck by SEPTA bus in Wynnefield Heights
- Attack in Center City caught on camera
- Police: Threat to father used in phone scam
- Burglary suspect nabbed by quick-thinking neighbor
- Suspect in killing of fmr. Marine surrenders
- Newtown 911 dispatcher urged callers to take cover
- Researchers: 'Fit and Fat' a myth
- Walker autopsy complete; 'Fast & Furious 7' halted
- Temps soar above normal
33 min ago