Arrest in string of Wawa robberies in Delaware County
RADNOR TWP., Pa. - February 15, 2012 (WPVI) -- Authorities have announced an arrest in a string of robberies at Wawa convenience stores in Delaware County.
Police say Rezekiel Harris, 34, of Philadelphia has confessed to three separate robberies at Wawa stores in Lansdowne, Upper Darby and Bryn Mawr.
The Bryn Mawr robbery happened February 9th at 11:00 p.m. inside the Wawa on the 200 block of South Bryn Mawr Avenue.
Police say Harris, wearing an Old Navy sweatshirt, was armed with a handgun, which went off during the course of the robbery.
A bullet hit the floor and sent debris flying into the air, striking a 44-year-old male store employee in the arm.
An undisclosed amount of money was taken.
Harris is currently awaiting processing with Upper Darby Township Police relating to the robbery charges which occurred in Upper Darby Township.
Police are still on the hunt for a second suspect, who held the doors closed during the Bryn Mawr robbery and who fled the scene with Harris.
pennsylvania, robbery, philadelphia, delaware county, wawa, crime
- NJ forest fire threatens homes; evacuations ordered 10 min ago
- Sunny, blustery winds today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Forest fire up to 1500 acres in Cumberland Co.
- 1 dead in shooting near Widener University
- Package prompts evacuation in Evesham
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- 3 American doctors killed in Afghanistan
- Photos: 23 wanted in Phila. insurance fraud scheme
- Family escapes burning home in Bucks Co.
- Photos: National Pretzel Day Art & Fun Facts
- School stops serving Mountain Dew before tests
- Photos: People's 'Most Beautiful' list of 2014
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos