Store owner charged with selling stolen property
DOVER, Del. - February 17, 2012 (WPVI) -- Delaware State Police say they arrested a Pennsylvania man after an investigation revealed he was buying and selling stolen items at a store he owns in Wilmington.
Police spokesman Jeffrey Hale said in a statement Thursday that 52-year-old Juan B. Peralta of Philadelphia has been charged with six counts of receiving stolen property and one count of selling stolen property.
Cpl. Hale says police were tipped in August 2011 that known shoplifters were stealing merchandise and selling the items to the owner of the Peralta Food Mart. Police say detectives with a search warrant entered the business last October and found baby formula, razors, pain relievers and clothes stolen elsewhere.
Peralta turned himself in on Feb. 9. He has been arraigned and was released Thursday on $3,500 in unsecured bail.
dover, delaware, theft, crime
- Montco hall closes weeks before bride's wedding 15 min ago
- Frost Advisory Overnight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Water main break cancels Cheyney U. classes
- Heist investigation leads to Roxborough apartment 35 min ago
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Crescentville shooting
- Stalkers have QVC host living in fear
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital
- Tour bus catches fire in Galloway Twp.
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- WWII vet gets anonymous surprise in Bucks Co.
- Rangers top Flyers in playoff opener 4-1 56 min ago
- Heist investigation leads to Roxborough...
35 min ago