Store owner charged with selling stolen property
DOVER, Del. - February 17, 2012 (WPVI) -- Delaware State Police say they arrested a Pennsylvania man after an investigation revealed he was buying and selling stolen items at a store he owns in Wilmington.
Police spokesman Jeffrey Hale said in a statement Thursday that 52-year-old Juan B. Peralta of Philadelphia has been charged with six counts of receiving stolen property and one count of selling stolen property.
Cpl. Hale says police were tipped in August 2011 that known shoplifters were stealing merchandise and selling the items to the owner of the Peralta Food Mart. Police say detectives with a search warrant entered the business last October and found baby formula, razors, pain relievers and clothes stolen elsewhere.
Peralta turned himself in on Feb. 9. He has been arraigned and was released Thursday on $3,500 in unsecured bail.
dover, delaware, theft, crime
- NJ forest fire threatens homes; evacuations ordered 2 min ago
- Sunny, blustery winds today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Forest fire up to 1500 acres in Cumberland Co.
- 1 dead in shooting near Widener University
- Package prompts evacuation in Evesham
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- 3 American doctors killed in Afghanistan
- Photos: 23 wanted in Phila. insurance fraud scheme
- Family escapes burning home in Bucks Co.
- Photos: National Pretzel Day Art & Fun Facts
- School stops serving Mountain Dew before tests
- Photos: People's 'Most Beautiful' list of 2014
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos