Store owner charged with selling stolen property
DOVER, Del. - February 17, 2012 (WPVI) -- Delaware State Police say they arrested a Pennsylvania man after an investigation revealed he was buying and selling stolen items at a store he owns in Wilmington.
Police spokesman Jeffrey Hale said in a statement Thursday that 52-year-old Juan B. Peralta of Philadelphia has been charged with six counts of receiving stolen property and one count of selling stolen property.
Cpl. Hale says police were tipped in August 2011 that known shoplifters were stealing merchandise and selling the items to the owner of the Peralta Food Mart. Police say detectives with a search warrant entered the business last October and found baby formula, razors, pain relievers and clothes stolen elsewhere.
Peralta turned himself in on Feb. 9. He has been arraigned and was released Thursday on $3,500 in unsecured bail.
dover, delaware, theft, crime
- Jersey shore eyes record-setting summer 5 min ago
- Rain Moves Out, Cool Winds Blow In 2 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Police investigate 2 robberies in Montgomery Co. 34 min ago
- Police seek suspect in Olney sex assault 36 min ago
- Faith-healing couple held without bail
- Police: Woman who hit teen was DUI, reading text
- Deadly crash on I-295 in Mercer County, N.J.
- Tractor trailer crash jams traffic in Chesco
- Sex offender arrested in Del. child porn bust
- Philadelphia man sentenced in shaken baby death
- 4 men sought in West Philadelphia armed robbery
- Wash. I-5 bridge collapse caused by oversize load
- Jersey shore eyes record-setting summer
5 min ago