Del. police charge mom with leaving 2 kids alone
WILMINGTON, Del. (AP) - February 19, 2012 (WPVI) -- New Castle County Police have charged a 24-year-old woman with endangering her two young children after she left them home alone and went to get food from Burger King.
Police say they received a 911 call on Saturday evening but the caller hung up. When they arrived at the location of the call they found a 6-year-old and 1-year-old home alone.
Police say an investigation revealed that the children's mother, Mandy Dineen, had gone to a nearby Burger King to get food and left the children home alone. The 1-year-old accidentally called 911.
Dineen was arrested when she returned home and charged with two counts of endangering the welfare of a child. The children were placed in the custody of family members
delaware, wilmington, burger king, children, crime
- 2 dead after truck and car collide in Mercer County 21 min ago
- Very cold today, Saturday storm 15 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Suspects tie up 71-year-old in home invasion
- Worker shocked by electrical cable in East Falls
- Bandit holds up TD Bank in Chestnut Hill
- Dump truck hits ATV pulling sled, boy killed
- American University campus lockdown lifted
- Fake deaf interpreter crashes Mandela memorial
- Woman charged in boyfriend's heroin death
- Narcotic officers raid Lacey High School
- NASA: Cooling pump on space station shuts down
- Video: Cover Story: Can Foles break jinx?
- 2 dead after truck and car collide in...
21 min ago