Del. police charge mom with leaving 2 kids alone
WILMINGTON, Del. (AP) - February 19, 2012 (WPVI) -- New Castle County Police have charged a 24-year-old woman with endangering her two young children after she left them home alone and went to get food from Burger King.
Police say they received a 911 call on Saturday evening but the caller hung up. When they arrived at the location of the call they found a 6-year-old and 1-year-old home alone.
Police say an investigation revealed that the children's mother, Mandy Dineen, had gone to a nearby Burger King to get food and left the children home alone. The 1-year-old accidentally called 911.
Dineen was arrested when she returned home and charged with two counts of endangering the welfare of a child. The children were placed in the custody of family members
delaware, wilmington, burger king, children, crime
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight simulator
- AccuWeather: Tracking light snow tonight 58 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Mike Schmidt reveals skin cancer battle 16 min ago
- NJ state police trooper among 3 injured in crash
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car
- Police: Man strikes own brother in hit and run
- Berks County man stabbed to death in Bahamas
- 1 wounded in Lakewood drive-by shooting
- 2 men, sitting in SUV, shot in Chester
- 2 women injured in Overbrook fire
- Crimea votes on Ukraine secession
- Book 'em! Wilmington cop donates books to kids
- AccuWeather: Tracking light snow tonight
58 min ago