Police: Drug dealer shot execution style outside home
JUNIATA PARK - February 21, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police say a major drug dealer was dragged out of his Juniata Park home this morning and executed in a nearby alley.
"I heard the shots so I opened my window and I saw one guy running," Juniata Park resident Jose Vargas said.
Vargas ran out and found his neighbor, 46-year-old Julio Hernandez, lying in a pool of blood.
Police say around 11:30 a.m. two men abducted Hernandez and brought him back to his house looking for drugs and money.
There was a struggle inside the house.
Authorities say the suspects dragged the victim out of the house and into the rear alleyway.
That's where they shot him execution style in broad daylight.
"It appears the male had been shot at least four times, four shell casings were found, and his hands were bound with what appears to be plastic ties, like electronic ties," Philadelphia Police Captain Charles Vogt said.
All of this played out in front of the victim's pregnant wife who was injured during the struggle and their 18-month-old child.
Relatives broke down in tears as they arrived on the scene.
The police have gathered quite a bit of evidence.
They found a large stash of drugs in Hernandez's SUV, parked in the alley.
Police discovered four shell casings near the body and a gun that had been discarded in this trash can around the corner.
A piece of a car was also found.
They believe it came off the bottom of the getaway car as it bottomed out while speeding off through an alleyway.
Neighbors say, until now, they felt pretty safe here.
"I thought it was a secure neighborhood, now I have second thoughts about that," Vargas said.
The police are hoping to find witnesses who can help them solve this murder.
philadelphia, pennsylvania, juniata park, home invasion, shooting, crime, david henry
- Armored car robbed outside bank in Tacony
- Partly sunny, a bit milder today 54 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Mom to surrender after daughter, 11, shot and killed 7 min ago
- Police investigate serious crash in Levittown 52 min ago
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- Photos: Pictures from Del. River minivan plunge
- Popular chocolate maker shut down by city
- Delco man missing after leaving medical facility
- Rottweiler puppy poisoned in NJ
- Teen urinates in Oregon drinking water supply 10 min ago
- Video: Parents outraged by faked kidnapping
- Photos: Adorable meerkats befriend photographer
- Partly sunny, a bit milder today
54 min ago