2nd arrest in string of Delco Wawa robbery
RADNOR TWP., Pa. - February 22, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police say they have made a 2nd arrest in a robbery at Wawa convenience store in Delaware County.
Hakeem King, 27, of Philadelphia, was arrested on Wednesday morning after being identified as a "lookout" by a witness to the robbery.
That robbery happened at 201 Bryn Mawr Avenue in the Bryn Mawr section of Radnor Township.
King was arrested at his home in Philadelphia and brought back to Radnor Township Police where he allegedly confessed to the crime.
King was arraigned before District Justice Lang who placed bail at 10% of $250,000. King was unable to post bail and was transported to Delaware County Prison.
Rezekiel Harris, 34, of Philadelphia, was previously arrested in connection with the case. Police said has confessed to three separate robberies at Wawa stores - including the one on Bryn Mawr Avenue.
That robbery happened on February 9th at 11:00 p.m. Police say Harris, wearing an Old Navy sweatshirt, was armed with a handgun, which went off during the course of the robbery.
A bullet hit the floor and sent debris flying into the air, striking a 44-year-old male store employee in the arm.
An undisclosed amount of money was taken.
pennsylvania, robbery, philadelphia, delaware county, wawa, crime
- Malaysian leader: plane's disappearance deliberate 35 min ago
- Breezy And Mild!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2 couples robbed at gunpoint in North Philly
- Fire forces 11 people from their homes
- Renovation competitors fight at Phila. fire scenes
- Moving day for Oak Lane Garden residents
- SEPTA union agrees to delay strike
- 1 critical after being shot multiple times in Wilmington
- 100 plus weight loss journey to healthy living
- Boyd Theatre to be demolished, rebuilt
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Malaysian leader: plane's disappearance...
35 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos