2nd arrest in string of Delco Wawa robbery
RADNOR TWP., Pa. - February 22, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police say they have made a 2nd arrest in a robbery at Wawa convenience store in Delaware County.
Hakeem King, 27, of Philadelphia, was arrested on Wednesday morning after being identified as a "lookout" by a witness to the robbery.
That robbery happened at 201 Bryn Mawr Avenue in the Bryn Mawr section of Radnor Township.
King was arrested at his home in Philadelphia and brought back to Radnor Township Police where he allegedly confessed to the crime.
King was arraigned before District Justice Lang who placed bail at 10% of $250,000. King was unable to post bail and was transported to Delaware County Prison.
Rezekiel Harris, 34, of Philadelphia, was previously arrested in connection with the case. Police said has confessed to three separate robberies at Wawa stores - including the one on Bryn Mawr Avenue.
That robbery happened on February 9th at 11:00 p.m. Police say Harris, wearing an Old Navy sweatshirt, was armed with a handgun, which went off during the course of the robbery.
A bullet hit the floor and sent debris flying into the air, striking a 44-year-old male store employee in the arm.
An undisclosed amount of money was taken.
pennsylvania, robbery, philadelphia, delaware county, wawa, crime
- ABC News: Possible security breach at Target
- Winter Warm Up
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Police search for suspects in religious store robbery
- Jewelry thieves target Montgomery Co. open houses
- Elderly couple's life savings stolen in Media
- Police: Man shoots self on SEPTA bus
- $6M counterfeit check ring busted in Phila.
- 2 million-dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del.
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- Upper Darby's Chitwood reflects on career
- Video: Soldier returning from Afghanistan...
- Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating Person revealed