AG: Phila. woman stole ex-husband's identity
PHILADELPHIA - February 23, 2012 (WPVI) -- A Philadelphia woman has been charged with stealing her ex-husband's identity to take sole possession of their home.
The Pennsylvania Attorney General says Alice Harrison, 43, of 5030 North 15th Street forged her estranged husband's signature to transfer the deed to the couple's home into her name.
According to the criminal complaint, Harrison and her husband purchased the North 15thStreet home in 1999 from her mother. The two of them lived in the home until approximately 2006 when they separated.
The charges state that following the separation Harrison resided in the home without her husband and made several attempts to buy him out in order to remove him from the deed.
Attorney General Linda Kelly said that in October 2009, Harrison's husband learned that the house was no longer in his name. Copies of a deed transfer dated May 7, 2007 indicated that the residence located at 5030 North 15thSt., Philadelphia was transferred to Harrison.
According to the criminal complaint, no authorization or permission was ever given to Harrison to use her husband's signature or personal identifying information to transfer the deed solely to her name.
Harrison is charged with 10 counts of receiving stolen property, three counts of forgery, one count of theft by unlawful taking or disposition, one count of theft by deception, one count of tampering with records or identification, one count of securing the execution of documents by deception, and one count of identity theft.
The Attorney General's office said the case will be prosecuted in Philadelphia County by Senior Deputy Attorney General John Flannery of the Attorney General's Criminal Prosecutions Section.
philadelphia, pennsylvania, fraud, identity theft, crime
- Philadelphia cop accused of ripping off drug dealers 30 min ago
- Warm and humid, 80s again today
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Police ID victim in water ice stand homicide
- SW Phila. shootings possibly connected to bar fight 39 min ago
- Hats get women ejected from KoP Mall
- Report: FBI agent fatally shoots Tsarnaev associate
- D.A.: Girlfriend's murder in Chesco 'an execution' 29 min ago
- Okla. residents come home to pick up the pieces
- Vatican insists that no papal exorcism took place
- Skippack student may have 'voluntarily' vanished
- Sleep monitors promise a better night's sleep
- Rob Jennings to retire after 36 Years at 6abc