Chester Co. couple arrested for $22,000 jewelry heist
EXTON - February 24, 2012 (WPVI) -- A Chester County couple was arrested for allegedly stealing over $22,000 worth of jewelry from a K-Mart store in Exton.
Authorities say 41-year-old Bryan Twaddell and 40-year-old Micelle Rae Sharpless robbed the store on Feb. 23.
Twaddell allegedly used an unknown object to pry open several jewelry cases in the store. The pair then emptied the items into Sharpless' purse, before fleeing.
After leaving K-Mart, the couple was seen entering a Kohl's Department Store, also in Exton. Once inside, Twaddell attempted to open several jewelry cases while Sharpless assisted.
Unable to open the cases, the pair exited the store without taking any merchandise.
Both Twaddell and Sharpless fled in a Chevy Blazer, which was found abandoned in East Brandywine Township.
The suspects were apprehended by West Whiteland Township Police on Friday.
pennsylvania, chester county, theft, kmart, crime
- AccuWeather: Enjoy the Easter sunshine! 39 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Sign up for Facebook Flash
- Man shot, killed in Gloucester Twp. apartment 17 min ago
- Girl hospitalized after near-drowning in Philly hotel 29 min ago
- Man targeted in Collingdale hit-and-run ID'd
- Missing boater in Del. River ID'd, search called off
- Armed robbery at Target on Roosevelt Boulevard 58 min ago
- Pedestrian struck, killed by truck in Rhawnhurst
- Sex assault on West Chester University campus
- Stabbing at Hamilton Mall in Mays Landing
- Good Samaritans help nab alleged purse snatchers
- Lumberton brush fire considered 'suspicious'
- AccuWeather: Enjoy the Easter sunshine!
39 min ago