Chester Co. couple arrested for $22,000 jewelry heist
EXTON - February 24, 2012 (WPVI) -- A Chester County couple was arrested for allegedly stealing over $22,000 worth of jewelry from a K-Mart store in Exton.
Authorities say 41-year-old Bryan Twaddell and 40-year-old Micelle Rae Sharpless robbed the store on Feb. 23.
Twaddell allegedly used an unknown object to pry open several jewelry cases in the store. The pair then emptied the items into Sharpless' purse, before fleeing.
After leaving K-Mart, the couple was seen entering a Kohl's Department Store, also in Exton. Once inside, Twaddell attempted to open several jewelry cases while Sharpless assisted.
Unable to open the cases, the pair exited the store without taking any merchandise.
Both Twaddell and Sharpless fled in a Chevy Blazer, which was found abandoned in East Brandywine Township.
The suspects were apprehended by West Whiteland Township Police on Friday.
pennsylvania, chester county, theft, kmart, crime
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL 38 min ago
- Milder this afternoon, snow possible Monday 18 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police investigate death of toddler at Del. daycare
- Search for missing jet expands toward Indian Ocean 14 min ago
- Truck overturns on Paoli Pike; 1 injury 26 min ago
- Drunk driving suspected in Center City crash
- Photos: Pictures of Old City building collapse
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Photos: Pictures of suspects in Logan murder
- Mississippi man who awakened inside body bag dies
- 8th body recovered after NYC explosion
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Milder this afternoon, snow possible Monday
18 min ago
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
38 min ago