Chester Co. couple arrested for $22,000 jewelry heist
EXTON - February 24, 2012 (WPVI) -- A Chester County couple was arrested for allegedly stealing over $22,000 worth of jewelry from a K-Mart store in Exton.
Authorities say 41-year-old Bryan Twaddell and 40-year-old Micelle Rae Sharpless robbed the store on Feb. 23.
Twaddell allegedly used an unknown object to pry open several jewelry cases in the store. The pair then emptied the items into Sharpless' purse, before fleeing.
After leaving K-Mart, the couple was seen entering a Kohl's Department Store, also in Exton. Once inside, Twaddell attempted to open several jewelry cases while Sharpless assisted.
Unable to open the cases, the pair exited the store without taking any merchandise.
Both Twaddell and Sharpless fled in a Chevy Blazer, which was found abandoned in East Brandywine Township.
The suspects were apprehended by West Whiteland Township Police on Friday.
pennsylvania, chester county, theft, kmart, crime
- Philly to Newark flight forced to make belly landing
- Cloudy And Cooler 57 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Man found shot and killed in Wynnefield
- 2 injured in head-on crash along MLK Drive
- Mother of 7-year-old hit-and-run victim speaks
- 1 winning Mega Millions ticket sold in New Jersey
- Police: Pa. woman served family poison laced burritos
- Police: Boy, 6, kicked by pony on Lancaster Co. farm dies 14 min ago
- Wife hid murdered husband, prosecutors say
- Connecticut commuter trains collide; 70 hospitalized
- Video: Father, son to graduate college together
- Dozens of home remedies right in your kitchen
- Cloudy And Cooler
57 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos