Car vandalism hits Northern Liberties
NORTHERN LIBERTIES - February 26, 2012 (WPVI) -- A Northern Liberties resident was the latest victim of car vandalism in the city of Philadelphia.
The owner of a 2007 Cadillac Escalade was notified by police around 1:00 a.m. that someone had broken into her vehicle in the 900 block of Bodine Street. Police say the vandal stole the jack for the Cadillac.
Police say the suspect then jacked up the vehicle, put cinder blocks under it, and removed all four tires and rims to the car.
The vandal then broke into the victim's car and the pulled her dash apart in order to steal the radio.
Philadelphia police are investigating.
There is no word if this is connected to a rash of vandalism that's affecting residents of Mayfair.
philadelphia, pennsylvania, northern liberties, vandalism, crime
- Police: Missing boy struck by car
- Temps soar above normal
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Coffins unearthed at North Philly school
- No jackets for North Philadelphia cheer squad
- Attack in Center City caught on camera
- Police: Threat to father used in phone scam
- Stolen cobalt-60 found abandoned in Mexico
- Report: NSA tracks billions of cellphones daily
- Kutztown coach accused of covering up teen's rape
- Prosecutor: Sex investigation of FSU QB over
- Photos: 6abc at Q102 Jingle Ball 2013
- Video: 20th annual Phila. holiday tree lighting