Car vandalism hits Northern Liberties
NORTHERN LIBERTIES - February 26, 2012 (WPVI) -- A Northern Liberties resident was the latest victim of car vandalism in the city of Philadelphia.
The owner of a 2007 Cadillac Escalade was notified by police around 1:00 a.m. that someone had broken into her vehicle in the 900 block of Bodine Street. Police say the vandal stole the jack for the Cadillac.
Police say the suspect then jacked up the vehicle, put cinder blocks under it, and removed all four tires and rims to the car.
The vandal then broke into the victim's car and the pulled her dash apart in order to steal the radio.
Philadelphia police are investigating.
There is no word if this is connected to a rash of vandalism that's affecting residents of Mayfair.
philadelphia, pennsylvania, northern liberties, vandalism, crime
- Violent Chester police confrontation caught on video
- Wet to Wintry!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Man charged with hoax near marathon finish line
- Moment of silence marks Boston bombings
- Bucks Co. runner set to return to Boston Marathon
- Hundreds rescued after ferry sinks near South Korea
- 20-month-old found safe, Amber Alert canceled
- High winds bring damage to Abington Twp.
- Chaka Fattah Jr. files $10 million federal lawsuit
- Woman delivers baby after church van crash
- Police: Pa. man tries to snatch baby from stroller
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police