Pemberton police officer charged with sex assault
PEMBERTON, N.J. - February 27, 2012 (WPVI) -- A police officer in Pemberton, New Jersey has been charged with sexual assault.
Patrolman Jason W. Kreig, of Phillips Avenue in Browns Mills, was charged on Friday with two counts of aggravated sexual assault and two counts of endangering the welfare of a child.
One incident reportedly took place in 2011, the other sometime between mid 2007 and early 2008.
Authorities are not releasing any information about the victim.
Kreig is being held on $400,000 bail and awaiting an initial first appearance in Burlington County Court.
Kreig has been employed as a patrolman with the Pemberton Township Police Department for seven years. He has been suspended without pay from the pending the outcome of the investigation.
new jersey, burlington county, police, sex assault, crime
- Traffic stop turns violent, police shoot suspect
- A Nice Stretch
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Get the new 6abc StormTracker app
- 10-year-old Wilmington boy reported missing 20 min ago
- Mourning NJ doctor killed in murder-suicide
- Maple syrup used to vandalize Pottstown church 23 min ago
- Award-winning journalist Michael Hastings dies 32 min ago
- Paraplegic man castrated in SW Phila. attack
- Car carrier crashes into bridge in Whitemarsh Twp.
- Storms bring floods to the Jersey shore
- Police: Girl used in theft at Phila. nail salon
- Death investigation leads police to home of Patriots TE 58 min ago
- James, Heat push NBA Finals to Game 7 52 min ago
- Maple syrup used to vandalize Pottstown...
23 min ago
- Award-winning journalist Michael Hastings...
32 min ago