Toddler hospitalized, mom's boyfriend arrested
BENSALEM, Pa. - February 28, 2012 (WPVI) -- A man is behind bars for allegedly assaulting his girlfriend's 18-month-old daughter.
Adrian Morgan Allen, 27, of both Gooseneck Road in Bristol Township and Camden, N.J. faces first-degree felony aggravated assault and child endangerment charges.
Police say Allen was babysitting his girlfriend's three children at her apartment in the 2500 block of Knights Road in Bensalem between Friday night and Sunday.
It was on Sunday when Allen allegedly called his girlfriend to say that her daughter was sick and vomiting.
The girlfriend returned home, police say, to find the child unresponsive in her crib. The mom took the baby to St. Mary Medical Center and the child was then flown to St. Christopher's Hospital for Children where she was last reported to be in critical condition.
The exact circumstances of the assault were not disclosed by police.
Anyone with information is asked to call the Bensalem Police Special Victims Unit at 215-633-3658.
Allen is currently in Bucks County Prison on 10% of $1 million bail.
pennsylvania, bucks county, child abuse, crime
- Bicyclist impaled on fence in Fairmount Park
- Another Beauty
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Get the new 6abc StormTracker app
- Actor James Gandolfini dies in Italy at age 51 16 min ago
- Shots fired at man sitting on steps in Point Breeze
- Water main break buckles road in South Philly
- Villanova lockdown over, all suspects in custody
- Boy, 6, hit by car in East Oak Lane
- Photos: Pictures of bear sightings in the area
- Pregnant woman, 2 others shot in N. Phila.
- 20 people charged in Ocean Co. heroin raids
- 15 charged in NJ unemployment fraud case
- Video: Phila. choir shares stage with Rolling Stones
- Actor James Gandolfini dies in Italy at age...
16 min ago
- NJ Gov. Christie is still a Dallas Cowboys...
9 min ago
- Sofitel Philadelphia's garden on the rooftop
11 min ago