2 men arrested in Craigslist ad robbery
SOMERVILLE, N.J. - March 1, 2012 (WPVI) -- Authorities in northern New Jersey say they've arrested two suspects for allegedly robbing a man who responded to an ad for Apple electronic products on the Craigslist internet site.
Somerset County Prosecutor Geoffrey Soriano announced Wednesday that Somerville residents Jeremy Grant, age 27, and 22-year-old Stephan Maurrasse have been charged with first-degree armed robbery. It was not immediately known if they have retained lawyers.
Investigators say the victim responded Feb. 12 to the Craigslist ad and was directed to an apartment complex in Somerville to purchase the products.
He told police that once there, two men brandishing a knife robbed him of $2,500.
The defendants were arrested Feb. 28 and are being held on $150,000 bail each.
new jersey, craigslist, robbery, crime
- School closings and delays 19 min ago
- Tracking More Snow
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Transformer fire sparks SEPTA delays 53 min ago
- Video: Downed power line in Lower Merion
- Video: Katherine Scott reports on icy AM conditions
- Video: John Rawlins reports on a slushy start
- Casino patron abducted, robbed and shot
- Storm brings snowy, icy conditions to Pa., NJ
- 1 dead, 50+ vehicles involved in Pa. Turnpike crashes
- Video: Snow-lovers sled down Art Museum steps
- Man dressed as Santa struck, killed on I-95
- Photos: Pictures from Paul Walker memorial rally 19 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos