Ex-officer in NJ gets probation in drunk driving crash
FREEHOLD, N.J. - March 3, 2012 (WPVI) -- A former New Jersey police officer who was driving drunk when he caused an off-duty crash last year that seriously injured a corrections officer has been sentenced to two years of probation.
Andrew Adell of Hazlet, who served with the Manalapan police department, had pleaded guilty in December to drunken driving and assault by auto in connection with the March 6 crash in Colts Neck.
He agreed to give up his job as part of a plea deal with Monmouth County prosecutors and had his driver's license suspended for seven months.
The head-on collision injured 41-year-old Robert Felix of Keansburg, who was on his way to work at the time. His injuries have required two surgeries and a lengthy hospital stay.
The 31-year-old Adell was also injured in the crash.
new jersey, monmouth county, DUI, accident, police, crime
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Brief Surge of Mild Air
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Gas leak, evacuations reported in Frankford
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire
- Partial house collapse in Strawberry Mansion
- 2 injured in NJ Turnpike crash in Mt. Laurel
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Vietnam vet's therapy dog missing in Lehigh Valley
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos