Ex-officer in NJ gets probation in drunk driving crash
FREEHOLD, N.J. - March 3, 2012 (WPVI) -- A former New Jersey police officer who was driving drunk when he caused an off-duty crash last year that seriously injured a corrections officer has been sentenced to two years of probation.
Andrew Adell of Hazlet, who served with the Manalapan police department, had pleaded guilty in December to drunken driving and assault by auto in connection with the March 6 crash in Colts Neck.
He agreed to give up his job as part of a plea deal with Monmouth County prosecutors and had his driver's license suspended for seven months.
The head-on collision injured 41-year-old Robert Felix of Keansburg, who was on his way to work at the time. His injuries have required two surgeries and a lengthy hospital stay.
The 31-year-old Adell was also injured in the crash.
new jersey, monmouth county, DUI, accident, police, crime
- Suspects tie up 71-year-old in home invasion 15 min ago
- Bitter Blast Thursday
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Worker shocked by electrical cable in East Falls 21 min ago
- Bandit holds up TD Bank in Chestnut Hill 23 min ago
- Dump truck hits ATV pulling sled, boy killed
- American University campus lockdown lifted
- Woman charged in boyfriend's heroin death
- Shooting victim drives to Broad St. police station
- Narcotic officers raid Lacey High School
- NASA: Cooling pump on space station shuts down 10 min ago
- Fake deaf interpreter crashes Mandela memorial
- Video: Cover Story: Can Foles break jinx?
- Suspects tie up 71-year-old in home invasion
15 min ago
- Worker shocked by electrical cable in East...
21 min ago
- NASA: Cooling pump on space station shuts...
10 min ago
- SPCA rescues abandoned dog in Germantown
14 min ago