Ex-officer in NJ gets probation in drunk driving crash
FREEHOLD, N.J. - March 3, 2012 (WPVI) -- A former New Jersey police officer who was driving drunk when he caused an off-duty crash last year that seriously injured a corrections officer has been sentenced to two years of probation.
Andrew Adell of Hazlet, who served with the Manalapan police department, had pleaded guilty in December to drunken driving and assault by auto in connection with the March 6 crash in Colts Neck.
He agreed to give up his job as part of a plea deal with Monmouth County prosecutors and had his driver's license suspended for seven months.
The head-on collision injured 41-year-old Robert Felix of Keansburg, who was on his way to work at the time. His injuries have required two surgeries and a lengthy hospital stay.
The 31-year-old Adell was also injured in the crash.
new jersey, monmouth county, DUI, accident, police, crime
- 3 beach homes destroyed in Sea Isle City fire 27 min ago
- Egg-cellent holiday weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Images of Sea Isle City fire 40 min ago
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Photos: Pictures of out-of-control boat on the Del....
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Arrest warrant sought for captain of sunken ferry 55 min ago
- Popular chocolate maker reopens in time for Easter
- Montco hall closes weeks before bride's wedding
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist
- Penn State police: 3 posed nude at Nittany shrine
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest
- Hate messages sprayed on W. Amwell business
53 min ago