Police need new leads on West Phila. murder
PHILADELPHIA - March 3, 2012 (WPVI) -- A teenager's murder case has turned cold for Philadelphia detectives. The 18-year old man was gunned down in broad daylight last summer in West Philadelphia.
"Just give him up. He killed a baby; an 18 year old kid," said Santo Montecalvo.
Santo Montecalvo of the Citizens Crime Commission is passionate about this cold case.
18 year old Antoine Williams was one of the two men gunned down in broad daylight in West Philadelphia.
It happened July 24, 2011 in the 5300 block of Chestnut Street just after 5:00pm.
A 20 year old man recovered from his wounds, but Williams died in the hospital.
To date, no one has come forward with any information. Police believe the shooter may live in West Philadelphia, possibly in the 58th Street area. But so far, no one is talking.
"There is this 'no snitch' philosophy out there, but if it was someone in your family that got killed, you would want somebody to speak up," said Montecalvo. "Somebody saw this. There were a lot of people around."
A $1,000 reward is being offered for information leading to an arrest and conviction. Calls to the Citizens Crime Commission are anonymous. The number to call is 215-546-TIPS.
crimefighters, west philadelphia, philadelphia, pennsylvania, crime
- Faith-healing couple charged in son's death 24 min ago
- Warm and humid, 80s again today 7 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Names of 16 Okla. tornado victims released 28 min ago
- Video shows assault rifle shooting at strip club
- Skippack student may have 'voluntarily' vanished
- AG: 29 New Jersey bars swapped top-shelf liquor
- Philadelphia cop accused of ripping off drug dealers 39 min ago
- 1 dead, 2 injured in 'barbaric' London attack
- Police ID victim in water ice stand homicide
- Hats get women ejected from KoP Mall
- D.A.: Girlfriend's murder in Chesco 'an execution'
- Rob Jennings to retire after 36 Years at 6abc
- Names of 16 Okla. tornado victims released
28 min ago
- Philadelphia cop accused of ripping off...
39 min ago