Police serving warrant shoot and kill dog
GERMANTOWN - March 5, 2012 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia narcotics officers, while serving a warrant, opened fire killing a dog tonight.
The incident took place shortly after 7:00 p.m. along the unit block of West Washington Lane.
Police say when their officers opened the door to enter the property, a pit bull charged at them.
They then shot the dog.
No one else was injured during the incident.
The investigation continues.
philadelphia, pennsylvania, germantown, police, shooting, crime
- 3rd Phila. police-involved shooting in 2 days 1 min ago
- Lots of clouds, damp today 22 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- 3 injured in Coatesville industrial accident 4 min ago
- Chesco man accused of sex assault on 2 young boys
- I-5 bridge collapses into Washington river
- Employee injured, suspect wanted in Hatfield robbery 2 min ago
- Woman convicted in fiance's wedding day death
- Boy Scouts approve plan to accept openly gay boys
- 8 charged in $14M drug operation in SE Pa.
- Missing Skippack student found in North Carolina
- NJ: Caramel-colored rubbing alcohol sold as scotch
- Chase Utley out 2-4 weeks with oblique strain
- 3rd Phila. police-involved shooting in 2 days
1 min ago