Stolen school bus crashes in Southwest Philadelphia
SOUTHWEST PHILADELPHIA - March 7, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police are looking for the thief who stole a Philadelphia school bus overnight and crashed it into a parked car before running off.
Officers say that at about 10:00 p.m. Tuesday, someone pulled the bus out of the All City Transportation bus yard, located at 68th Street and Norwitch Drive in Southwest Philadelphia.
The suspect then went on a short joy ride that ended early Wednesday morning when he failed to negotiate a turn at the corner of 68th Street and Buist Avenue.
The bus slammed into a parked car there. The suspect then jumped out of the bus and ran off.
Police are examining surveillance video at the bus yard to see if they have a good image of the thief.
This is the second school bus theft in Philadelphia this week. The first instance happened on Monday afternoon when three teens stole a bus from a lot in Kensington while the bus driver attended a funeral.
The search for the teens continues.
philadelphia, pennsylvania, crime
- $30K possibly stolen in Target armed robbery 5 min ago
- AccuWeather: Easter to be comfortable, breezy
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Person of interest ID'd in hit-and-run
- Camden teen reported missing
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Flyers rally to beat Rangers 4-2, even series
- Woman's body found in Berks County ID'd
- Photos: Pictures from Easter Sunday services
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- Man found shot in minivan in Tioga-Nicetown
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Photos: Jamie Apody welcomes Baby Chase!