Stolen school bus crashes in Southwest Philadelphia
SOUTHWEST PHILADELPHIA - March 7, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police are looking for the thief who stole a Philadelphia school bus overnight and crashed it into a parked car before running off.
Officers say that at about 10:00 p.m. Tuesday, someone pulled the bus out of the All City Transportation bus yard, located at 68th Street and Norwitch Drive in Southwest Philadelphia.
The suspect then went on a short joy ride that ended early Wednesday morning when he failed to negotiate a turn at the corner of 68th Street and Buist Avenue.
The bus slammed into a parked car there. The suspect then jumped out of the bus and ran off.
Police are examining surveillance video at the bus yard to see if they have a good image of the thief.
This is the second school bus theft in Philadelphia this week. The first instance happened on Monday afternoon when three teens stole a bus from a lot in Kensington while the bus driver attended a funeral.
The search for the teens continues.
philadelphia, pennsylvania, crime
- 2 dead after truck and car collide in Mercer County 11 min ago
- Bitter Blast Thursday
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Suspects tie up 71-year-old in home invasion
- Worker shocked by electrical cable in East Falls
- Bandit holds up TD Bank in Chestnut Hill
- Dump truck hits ATV pulling sled, boy killed
- American University campus lockdown lifted
- Fake deaf interpreter crashes Mandela memorial
- Woman charged in boyfriend's heroin death
- Narcotic officers raid Lacey High School
- NASA: Cooling pump on space station shuts down
- Video: Cover Story: Can Foles break jinx?