$3000 reward offered in violent Burlco attack
CHESTERFIELD, N.J. - March 10, 2012 (WPVI) -- A Chesterfield woman suffered a concussion after a violent assault in February and now a $3,000 reward is being offered for her attacker.
The assault on the 40-year-old Chesterfield, N.J. woman happened on Wright Drive on Feb. 10. She just parked her car in the garage and was headed to the mailbox when the suspect suddenly appeared asking if someone named Dave lived there.
"He came towards her, and her feeling threatened, she turned and screamed and was tackled by the male suspect and doesn't remember anything from that point," said Patrolman Edward Vincent of Chesterfield Police.
The attack was so violent that the victim also broke her jaw in two places. However she was still able to help police develop a sketch of her assailant.
The victim wasn't robbed and the motive for the attack is still unclear.
Residents were left on edge since the attack but wanted to assist in the investigation.
Within weeks a $3,000 reward was raised. The reward is being offered to anyone with information leading to the arrest and the conviction of the assailant.
Police still have no leads on the case but hope the reward will help generate tips.
Anyone with information on the attack or the suspect is urged to contact the Chesterfield Township Police Department at 609-291- 0912.
new jersey, assault, burlington county, crime
- Drexel student found dead in sorority house 17 min ago
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday 40 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Reward offered in Collingdale hit-and-run 13 min ago
- Iranian teen had stolen passport on missing jet
- 2nd suspect sought in finger-biting attack
- Woman shot in bed in South Philadelphia
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Video: Dad ditches son's stroller to catch baseball
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday
40 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos