Homeless man gets 30-plus years for coffee shop rape
PHILADELPHIA - March 23, 2012 (WPVI) -- A homeless man charged with raping a barista in a Philadelphia coffee shop last year was sentenced to 31 1/2 to 63 years behind bars.
32-year-old Christopher Reeves pleaded guilty back in October to charges including rape and robbery for the attack.
Reeves was arrested last April near Chester - almost three days after the assault at Bean Exchange - a coffee shop in the Bella Vista neighborhood.
Authorities say the victim had just opened up when Reeves walked in saying he needed money to get back to his homeless shelter. She gave him one dollar and he left.
He returned a short time later, robbed the place, took her in a bathroom and raped her.
philadelphia, pennsylvania, rape, robbery, crime
- 1 dead, multiple in custody after Logan standoff 22 min ago
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco 3 min ago
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Cat found hanging from fence in Germantown 2 min ago
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia 44 min ago
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- New joint replacement technique for the elbow 59 min ago
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Malaysian military: Missing jet changed course
- Photos: Philly's unsolved missing child cases