Homeless man gets 30-plus years for coffee shop rape
PHILADELPHIA - March 23, 2012 (WPVI) -- A homeless man charged with raping a barista in a Philadelphia coffee shop last year was sentenced to 31 1/2 to 63 years behind bars.
32-year-old Christopher Reeves pleaded guilty back in October to charges including rape and robbery for the attack.
Reeves was arrested last April near Chester - almost three days after the assault at Bean Exchange - a coffee shop in the Bella Vista neighborhood.
Authorities say the victim had just opened up when Reeves walked in saying he needed money to get back to his homeless shelter. She gave him one dollar and he left.
He returned a short time later, robbed the place, took her in a bathroom and raped her.
philadelphia, pennsylvania, rape, robbery, crime
- Skydiver ID'd in fatal Washing Twp. accident
- 70s Return This Week
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- $10K to $30K stolen in Target armed robbery
- I-95 reopens after car catches fire
- Person of interest ID'd in Collingdale hit-and-run
- Residents displaced after West Philadelphia fire
- 4 injured in Route 295 crash
- Camden teen reported missing
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Oscar Mayer hot dogs recalled due to misbranding
- Photos: Pictures from Easter Sunday services
- Photos: Jamie Apody welcomes Baby Chase!