Man admits role in fatal Old City cab beating
PHILADELPHIA - January 4, 2013 (WPVI) -- A man will serve prison time for his role in the fatal beating of a recent college graduate who was trying to hail a cab in Philadelphia.
Court records indicate 24-year-old Felix Carrillo pleaded guilty Friday to involuntary manslaughter. A judge then sentenced him to two to five years behind bars.
Carrillo is one of three suspects charged in the Jan. 14 death of 23-year-old Kevin Kless in Old City.
Police say the trio attacked Kless, possibly thinking his shouts at a passing taxi were directed at them.
The other two men are awaiting trial.
Kless graduated from Temple University in 2010. He had recently returned to the city for a job at an insurance firm after working in Harrisburg.
pennsylvania, philadelphia, old city, beating, homicide, crime
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife 37 min ago
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Man shot by off-duty cop during fight ID'd
- Police investigate 2 shootings at illegal Trenton bar
- Wynnewood community mourns college student's death 3 min ago
- Man arrested after Phila. police crash, chase ID'd
- Accused wedding crasher thief pleads guilty
- SEPTA, union resume talks to avoid strike
- Police step up search in deadly hit-and-run 40 min ago
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects 6 min ago
- Stolen passports probed in Malaysian plane mystery
- Photos: Pictures from the 2014 Red Ball
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
6 min ago