Man admits role in fatal Old City cab beating
PHILADELPHIA - January 4, 2013 (WPVI) -- A man will serve prison time for his role in the fatal beating of a recent college graduate who was trying to hail a cab in Philadelphia.
Court records indicate 24-year-old Felix Carrillo pleaded guilty Friday to involuntary manslaughter. A judge then sentenced him to two to five years behind bars.
Carrillo is one of three suspects charged in the Jan. 14 death of 23-year-old Kevin Kless in Old City.
Police say the trio attacked Kless, possibly thinking his shouts at a passing taxi were directed at them.
The other two men are awaiting trial.
Kless graduated from Temple University in 2010. He had recently returned to the city for a job at an insurance firm after working in Harrisburg.
pennsylvania, philadelphia, old city, beating, homicide, crime
- Body found in home of Philadelphia attorney 52 min ago
- Clear, Still Breezy Tonight 1 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- 1 dead in I-495 crash in Claymont, Delaware 42 min ago
- NE Phila. couple stabbed at home, son arrested
- 7-year-old critically injured in SW Phila. house fire
- Amber Alert for Pottsville teen canceled
- Knife-wielding man shot, killed in Oxford Circle
- Philadelphia man arrested for firing shots at police
- French soldier stabbed in throat outside Paris
- Angel Flight crashes in NY, 2 killed, 1 missing 12 min ago
- NJ man claims share of $198M Mega Millions jackpot
- Start to 1st summer after Sandy at NJ shore 54 min ago
- Body found in home of Philadelphia attorney
52 min ago
- 1 dead in I-495 crash in Claymont, Delaware
42 min ago
- Clear, Still Breezy Tonight
1 min ago