Man sentenced in murder of Philadelphia guidance counselor
YEADON, Pa. - April 2, 2013 (WPVI) -- A Philadelphia man charged with a 2008 murder in Delaware County will spend the rest of his life in prison.
A judge sentenced Eddie Tate Tuesday for the murder of Veno Leigertwood.
Officers say the 31-year-old was gunned down outside his Yeadon home in September 2008.
Tate reportedly told FBI agents, he was the driver for two other men, who went looking for a man to rob that day.
Liegertwood worked for the state's "Gear Up" program, which helps students with academics and college enrollment; he was also a real estate investor.
Leigertwood left behind his wife, Raven, and a young daughter.
pennsylvania, delaware county, homicide, shooting, crime
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL 37 min ago
- Milder this afternoon, snow possible Monday 17 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police investigate death of toddler at Del. daycare
- Search for missing jet expands toward Indian Ocean 13 min ago
- Truck overturns on Paoli Pike; 1 injury 25 min ago
- Drunk driving suspected in Center City crash
- Photos: Pictures of Old City building collapse
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Photos: Pictures of suspects in Logan murder
- Mississippi man who awakened inside body bag dies
- 8th body recovered after NYC explosion
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Milder this afternoon, snow possible Monday
17 min ago
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
37 min ago