Tacony 'dog waste' murderer sentenced to 20-40 years in jail
PHILADELPHIA - April 26, 2013 (WPVI) -- A man convicted of gunning down his neighbor in a dispute over dog waste has been sentenced to 20-40 years behind bars..
28-year-old Tyrirk Harris of Tacony was found guilty back in February of third degree murder.
The victim, 47-year-old Franklin Manuel Santana, was shot and killed on Valentine's Day in 2012.
Santana and his wife Roxanne had just welcomed a six-week-old baby.
Roxanne said her husband had just gotten home from work when he noticed that Harris' dogs, a German shepherd and a Chihuahua, had defecated in his yard.
Neighbors say Santana asked Harris to clean it up. Instead, witnesses said Harris shot Santana in the face and four times in the back, killing him.
philadelphia, pennsylvania, tacony, homicide, shooting, animals, crime
- Plane's landing gear collapses at Phila. Airport
- After a Cold Night, Temps Rebound
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures of Old City building collapse
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Police investigate death of toddler at Del. daycare
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Police: Coatesville man died before fire began
- NJ charges 4 with false Sandy aid applications
- Missing plane sent signals to satellite for hours
- Mississippi man who awakened inside body bag dies
- 8th body recovered after NYC explosion
- Philadelphia Zoo welcomes 2 new tiger cubs