Tacony 'dog waste' murderer sentenced to 20-40 years in jail
PHILADELPHIA - April 26, 2013 (WPVI) -- A man convicted of gunning down his neighbor in a dispute over dog waste has been sentenced to 20-40 years behind bars..
28-year-old Tyrirk Harris of Tacony was found guilty back in February of third degree murder.
The victim, 47-year-old Franklin Manuel Santana, was shot and killed on Valentine's Day in 2012.
Santana and his wife Roxanne had just welcomed a six-week-old baby.
Roxanne said her husband had just gotten home from work when he noticed that Harris' dogs, a German shepherd and a Chihuahua, had defecated in his yard.
Neighbors say Santana asked Harris to clean it up. Instead, witnesses said Harris shot Santana in the face and four times in the back, killing him.
philadelphia, pennsylvania, tacony, homicide, shooting, animals, crime
- Violent Chester police confrontation caught on video
- Lots of sun, chilly today 33 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- High winds bring damage to Abington Twp. 1 min ago
- Driver loses control, hits parked SUV in South Philly 47 min ago
- Man charged with hoax near marathon finish line
- Bucks Co. runner set to return to Boston Marathon
- Hundreds rescued after ferry sinks near South Korea
- 20-month-old found safe, Amber Alert canceled
- Chaka Fattah Jr. files $10 million federal lawsuit
- Woman delivers baby after church van crash
- Police: Pa. man tries to snatch baby from stroller
- Video: Kid gets stuck in claw machine 11 min ago
- Kid gets stuck in claw machine
11 min ago
- Waitress types "B" word on customer's receipt
10 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos