Tacony 'dog waste' murderer sentenced to 20-40 years in jail
PHILADELPHIA - April 26, 2013 (WPVI) -- A man convicted of gunning down his neighbor in a dispute over dog waste has been sentenced to 20-40 years behind bars..
28-year-old Tyrirk Harris of Tacony was found guilty back in February of third degree murder.
The victim, 47-year-old Franklin Manuel Santana, was shot and killed on Valentine's Day in 2012.
Santana and his wife Roxanne had just welcomed a six-week-old baby.
Roxanne said her husband had just gotten home from work when he noticed that Harris' dogs, a German shepherd and a Chihuahua, had defecated in his yard.
Neighbors say Santana asked Harris to clean it up. Instead, witnesses said Harris shot Santana in the face and four times in the back, killing him.
philadelphia, pennsylvania, tacony, homicide, shooting, animals, crime
- ABC News: Possible security breach at Target 55 min ago
- Winter Warm Up
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Police search for suspects in religious store robbery 1 min ago
- Jewelry thieves target Montgomery Co. open houses 57 min ago
- Elderly couple's life savings stolen in Media
- Police: Man shoots self on SEPTA bus
- $6M counterfeit check ring busted in Phila.
- 2 million-dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del.
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- Impact of Sunoco HQ, Citibank leaving Philly
- Video: Soldier returning from Afghanistan...
- Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating Person revealed 2 min ago
- Police search for suspects in religious...
1 min ago