Phila. dentist, daughter convicted in $5M fraud
PHILADELPHIA - May 2, 2013 (WPVI) -- A jury convicted a Philadelphia dentist and his daughter of defrauding insurance companies out of millions of dollars.
Police say 72-year-old Owen Rogal and his 51-year-old daughter Kim took almost $5-million from 15 different companies.
Investigators say Rogal performed the procedures at his office on 12th and Lombard.
The pair faces a maximum of 236 years in prison and a nearly half million dollar fine.
Sentencing is set for June 13.
philadelphia, pennsylvania, fraud, center city, crime
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect 11 min ago
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Oil slick, debris not from missing Malaysia jet
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- Are store credit cards worth the discount?
- Video: Skydiver's 'chute gets tangled in plane 15 min ago
- Photos: Kevin Grow joins Harlem Globetrotters
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect
10 min ago
- Skydiver's 'chute gets tangled in plane
15 min ago