Phila. dentist, daughter convicted in $5M fraud
PHILADELPHIA - May 2, 2013 (WPVI) -- A jury convicted a Philadelphia dentist and his daughter of defrauding insurance companies out of millions of dollars.
Police say 72-year-old Owen Rogal and his 51-year-old daughter Kim took almost $5-million from 15 different companies.
Investigators say Rogal performed the procedures at his office on 12th and Lombard.
The pair faces a maximum of 236 years in prison and a nearly half million dollar fine.
Sentencing is set for June 13.
philadelphia, pennsylvania, fraud, center city, crime
- School Closings & Delays
- Snow walloping Philadelphia area 4 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Storm brings snowy, icy conditions to Pa., NJ 15 min ago
- 1 dead, 50+ vehicles involved in Pa. Turnpike crashes 15 min ago
- Nearly 1 foot of snow in parts of Delaware
- Photos: Images of Sunday's winter storm
- Video: Widener U. track team helps stuck drivers 30 min ago
- Eagles beat Lions 34-20 in the snow
- Video: Time lapse of snow at the Linc
- 6abc.com Flight Tracker
- Man dressed as Santa struck, killed on I-95
- Paul Walker memorial in California draws thousands
- Snow walloping Philadelphia area
4 min ago