Comedian Katt Williams Sentenced
LOS ANGELES (AP) -December 14, 2006 -- Katt Williams has been sentenced to three years' probation after pleading no contest to a misdemeanor count of carrying a concealed firearm.
A judge also ordered Williams to pay restitution and gave him credit for the three days he spent in jail, Jane Robison, a district attorney spokeswoman, said Wednesday.
He was arrested Nov. 6 at Los Angeles International Airport after a gun was found in his briefcase.
The 35-year-old comedian, whose full name is Micah S. Katt Williams, was booked and then allowed to travel to Atlanta, where he hosted the BET Hip Hop Awards.
Williams appeared as Money Mike in the 2002 movie "Friday After Next."
- Pizza deliveryman ID'd in police shooting 57 min ago
- Eye doc grew pot in Delco home, police say 43 min ago
- Police ID man found dead in Centreville driveway 33 min ago
- Wildfire risk prompts Red Flag Warning for NJ 18 min ago
- Road reopens months after Frankford water main break 48 min ago
- Man shot multiple times in West Philadelphia 33 min ago
- Fmr. Devon Prep teacher faces child porn charges
- Woman charged in NJ man's overdose death
- New 'object of interest' in missing jet hunt
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Eye doc grew pot in Delco home, police say
43 min ago
- Pizza deliveryman ID'd in police shooting
57 min ago