Comedian Katt Williams Sentenced
LOS ANGELES (AP) -December 14, 2006 -- Katt Williams has been sentenced to three years' probation after pleading no contest to a misdemeanor count of carrying a concealed firearm.
A judge also ordered Williams to pay restitution and gave him credit for the three days he spent in jail, Jane Robison, a district attorney spokeswoman, said Wednesday.
He was arrested Nov. 6 at Los Angeles International Airport after a gun was found in his briefcase.
The 35-year-old comedian, whose full name is Micah S. Katt Williams, was booked and then allowed to travel to Atlanta, where he hosted the BET Hip Hop Awards.
Williams appeared as Money Mike in the 2002 movie "Friday After Next."
- Police investigate 2 robberies in Montgomery Co.
- Police seek suspect in Olney sex assault
- Faith-healing couple held without bail
- Police: Woman who hit teen was DUI, reading text
- Deadly crash on I-295 in Mercer County, N.J.
- Tractor trailer crash jams traffic in Chesco
- Sex offender arrested in Del. child porn bust
- Philadelphia man sentenced in shaken baby death
- 4 men sought in West Philadelphia armed robbery
- Wash. I-5 bridge collapse caused by oversize load