Comedian Katt Williams Sentenced
LOS ANGELES (AP) -December 14, 2006 -- Katt Williams has been sentenced to three years' probation after pleading no contest to a misdemeanor count of carrying a concealed firearm.
A judge also ordered Williams to pay restitution and gave him credit for the three days he spent in jail, Jane Robison, a district attorney spokeswoman, said Wednesday.
He was arrested Nov. 6 at Los Angeles International Airport after a gun was found in his briefcase.
The 35-year-old comedian, whose full name is Micah S. Katt Williams, was booked and then allowed to travel to Atlanta, where he hosted the BET Hip Hop Awards.
Williams appeared as Money Mike in the 2002 movie "Friday After Next."
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco 32 min ago
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Cat found hanging from fence in Germantown 11 min ago
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia 11 min ago
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Volunteer brutally assaulted outside Lehigh Co. church
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Malaysian military: Missing jet changed course
- Photos: Philly's unsolved missing child cases