Isaiah Washington Decides Against Emmy Try
LOS ANGELES (AP) - April 20, 2007 -- Isaiah Washington has decided this is not a good year to try for an Emmy Award.
The "Grey's Anatomy" star, who came under fire after using an anti-gay slur, didn't submit his name for nominations consideration, Washington's publicist, Howard Bragman, said Friday.
"It's all about the acting, not the awards," Bragman said.
Washington ran into trouble at another awards show in January, the Golden Globes. He used the epithet during a backstage interview while denying he'd used it previously against castmate T.R. Knight.
After being criticized by the Gay & Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation and the ABC network, Washington issued an apology and sought counseling.
The actor has not been previously nominated for the hit medical drama series, which is in its third season.
The deadline for putting names into contention was Friday. The awards are set for Sept. 16.
(Copyright 2007 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
- All-clear given after Liberty H.S. lockdown 6 min ago
- Kensington chocolate factory shut down by City 6 min ago
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- Burlco man charged in brother's hit-and-run death 11 min ago
- Boy dies after Mayfair drowning incident
- Suspects sought for shooting into home 15 min ago
- Search for missing teenager in Camden
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead
- DA: Montco man gave alcohol at 'Sweet 16' party 45 min ago
- Made In America Festival in Philly and LA 2 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos