Local Band Featured on ABC Soap
July 9, 2007 (WPVI) -- Fooling April is a local band that got national airtime on an ABC daytime soap... and it may just be their big break!
Fooling April's new single "The Way Back Down" was featured on ABC's All My Children in an episode which aired Tuesday July 10th. These 4 guys from the Philadelphia area can't believe their careers are about to take off.
"The band has been together 5 years. We met on the local music scene which is pretty tight knit," said band member Brian Kenneth.
The band consists of Brian Kenneth - Vocals/Piano, Matthew Ensminger - Drums/Vocals, Kevin Emery - Bass/Vocals, and Tommy Kay - Guitar.
So how will their song be used? Will Erica Kane remarry AGAIN? Will Kendel and Greenly make up, or do Annie and Greenly fight over Ryan? The possibilities they're just unbelievable!
And some may say it's also unbelievable that this local unsigned band with no PR machine got the attention of the network! Kenneth tells us, "This was one of those funny lucky stories. We're playing and someone from ABC happened to see us, and caught a break. Got in the right hands and people who chose the music for the show really liked the track and it worked out."
We caught Fooling April performing at the Grape Street Pub. You can check out a segment from their song on All My Children in the second video box on the right side of your screen.
Be sure to check back in August as Fooling April will be a featured artist for in Tuned In, which means much more music from these rising stars.
For more on Fooling April visit their website at www.foolingapril.com.
(Copyright 2007 by Action News and 6abc. All Rights Reserved.)
- Center City high rise evacuated due to fire
- 15 motorcyclists arrested following NJ chase ID'd
- New sighting reported of missing student's car
- Cherry Hill East student injured in crash
- Man convicted of murder in Pa. musician's slaying
- Police: Driver under influence crashes into fire dept.
- Surveillance video released in food vendor murder
- Appoquinimink teacher arrested for indecent exposure
- Bucks County bear now spotted in Bristol Twp.
- Yahoo takes big leap with $1.1B deal for Tumblr