Tuned In to ... Birdie Busch
Emily "Birdie" Busch is a talented young singer/songwriter who grew up in Collingswood, NJ. From an early age, Birdie has been writing poetry and lyrics before she tried her hand in music.
After taking guitar lessons for a short while, she decided to test her talents by performing at open mic nights. This proved to be a very successful move for her.
Drawing on a variety of influences, including her grandmother's music collection, Birdie's music possesses a dreamlike quality filled with beautiful melodies and insightful lyrics. Her inspiration comes from her surroundings and everyday life, which is conveyed effortlessly in her songs.
Birdie's debut CD, "The Ways We Try", drew rave reviews on the local music scene and from Rolling Stone. Her songs receive regular airplay on WXPN and other national stations. Her follow up CD, "Penny Arcade", will be released on September 25th.
Birdie has shared the stage with a diverse group of artists including Mason Jennings, Richie Havens, Dar Williams, and Amos Lee. Also, she and her band have played many venues in Philadelphia including The Tin Angel, The TLA, The Fire, and The World Café Live.
Tuned In caught up with Birdie at the North Star Bar. Check out excerpts from her performance in the video box on the right of your screen.
Now YOU are Tuned In to ... Birdie Busch!
On the Net:
(Copyright 2007 by Action News and 6abc. All Rights Reserved.)
- Oklahoma twister tracked path of 1999 tornado
- Delaware trash can explosion leaves 1 injured 16 min ago
- Skippack student may have 'voluntarily' vanished
- Man convicted of murder in Pa. musician's slaying
- 15 motorcyclists arrested following NJ chase ID'd
- 2 teens arrested at Pennsbury H.S. prom
- SUV crashes when dog gets stuck in steering wheel
- NJ ex-priest arrested after working with kids
- Larry Holmes wins round in Pa. parking dispute
- Surveillance video released in food vendor murder
- Death toll lowered in Okla. twister; 24 dead
37 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos