Wozniak pulls hamstring; vows to keep dancing
LOS ANGELES - March 23, 2009 -- Steve Wozniak is still limping through the competition.
"Dancing with the Stars" current techno celeb Steve Wozniak, who co-founded Apple Computers with Steve Jobs, has reportedly injured the hamstring muscle in one of his legs, but vows that he will perform for tonight's edition of the reality contest.
On the first night of the competition, Wozniak came in last place, earning 13 points for the same dance with partner Karina Smirnoff. Judge Len Goodman praised the computer guru for having fun with his performance, but said, "overall, it was a disaster."
Added judge Bruno Tonioli: "It was like watching a Teletubby going mad in a gay pride parade."
"That's almost a compliment," Wozniak quipped.
He ended up in the bottom 2 and was in danger of being voted off the show after a second performance last week. Eventually, he faced a dance-off with former Go-Go Belinda Carlisle, who was sent home.
Steve Wozniak co-founded Apple computers with Steve Jobs in 1976. The company would go on to become a huge success, and Wozniak was inducted into the Inventors Hall of Fame in 2000.
steve wozniak, entertainment
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Sunny and Cooler! 10 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Sunny and Cooler!
10 min ago