Wozniak pulls hamstring; vows to keep dancing
LOS ANGELES - March 23, 2009 -- Steve Wozniak is still limping through the competition.
"Dancing with the Stars" current techno celeb Steve Wozniak, who co-founded Apple Computers with Steve Jobs, has reportedly injured the hamstring muscle in one of his legs, but vows that he will perform for tonight's edition of the reality contest.
On the first night of the competition, Wozniak came in last place, earning 13 points for the same dance with partner Karina Smirnoff. Judge Len Goodman praised the computer guru for having fun with his performance, but said, "overall, it was a disaster."
Added judge Bruno Tonioli: "It was like watching a Teletubby going mad in a gay pride parade."
"That's almost a compliment," Wozniak quipped.
He ended up in the bottom 2 and was in danger of being voted off the show after a second performance last week. Eventually, he faced a dance-off with former Go-Go Belinda Carlisle, who was sent home.
Steve Wozniak co-founded Apple computers with Steve Jobs in 1976. The company would go on to become a huge success, and Wozniak was inducted into the Inventors Hall of Fame in 2000.
steve wozniak, entertainment
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- Freeze Warning overnight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Delco man missing after leaving medical facility
- Puppy poisoned in Mantua, New Jersey
- Lehigh University suspends frat in vandalism case
- All-clear given after Liberty H.S. lockdown
- Ferry sinks off South Korea; hundreds still missing
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead
- Wawa celebrates 50th birthday with big gifts
- Photos: Wawa celebrates 50 years
- Voorhees police need help identifying this man