Elizabeth Taylor tweets from her hospital bed
LOS ANGELES (AP) - May 22, 2009 -- Elizabeth Taylor is in the hospital, but she's well enough to communicate on Twitter.
A publicist for the 77-year-old actress says she "entered the hospital for a routine visit and is doing fine."
Spokesman Dick Guttman added that Taylor has "fallen in love" with the popular micro-blogging site and that she is trying to smuggle her new puppy into her hospital room.
She tweeted Friday, asking a friend to get the dog past hospital security.
Guttman said Taylor "will be home soon" but he did not specify when she would be released.
elizabeth taylor, entertainment
- Skydiver ID'd in fatal Washing Twp. accident 36 min ago
- 70s Return This Week 15 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- $10K to $30K stolen in Target armed robbery 18 min ago
- I-95 reopens after car catches fire 21 min ago
- Person of interest ID'd in Collingdale hit-and-run
- Residents displaced after West Philadelphia fire 32 min ago
- 4 injured in Route 295 crash 20 min ago
- Camden teen reported missing
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Oscar Mayer hot dogs recalled due to misbranding
- Photos: Pictures from Easter Sunday services
- Photos: Jamie Apody welcomes Baby Chase!
- Skydiver ID'd in fatal Washing Twp. accident
36 min ago