Bret Michaels injured at Tony Awards
NEW YORK - June 8, 2009 - -- Bret Michaels ran into some scenery at the Tony Awards.
They performed "Nothin' But a Good Time" with the cast of "Rock of Ages," and as Michaels exited the stage, a descending set piece smacked him on the head and knocked him - splat! - to the ground.
Tonys spokeswoman Christina Stejskal says the rocker "missed his mark." Though it looked it, he did not break his nose. Stejskal did not immediately know the extent of his injury.
"Rock of Ages" celebrates 1980s hair music and features songs by Journey and other bands. It stars Constantine Maroulis as an aspiring rock star.
bret michaels, entertainment
- Nelson Mandela dies at age 95 26 min ago
- Wet to Wintry
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Photos: Nelson Mandela: Through the years
- Obama mourns death of icon Nelson Mandela 51 min ago
- Fmr. Marine's murder suspect held on $2M bail
- Photos: 21 suspects ID'd in Collingdale drug sweep
- Missing mom, baby from Newark, Del. found
- Sinkhole opens up on Northern Liberties street
- Christmas decoration theft caught on camera
- Pizza delivery man shot in Overbrook
- Coffins unearthed at North Philly school