Bret Michaels injured at Tony Awards
NEW YORK - June 8, 2009 - -- Bret Michaels ran into some scenery at the Tony Awards.
They performed "Nothin' But a Good Time" with the cast of "Rock of Ages," and as Michaels exited the stage, a descending set piece smacked him on the head and knocked him - splat! - to the ground.
Tonys spokeswoman Christina Stejskal says the rocker "missed his mark." Though it looked it, he did not break his nose. Stejskal did not immediately know the extent of his injury.
"Rock of Ages" celebrates 1980s hair music and features songs by Journey and other bands. It stars Constantine Maroulis as an aspiring rock star.
bret michaels, entertainment
- Screaming man attacks police station, cars
- AccuWeather: Thunderstorms possible today 51 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Homes evacuated in Tacony for gas leak 17 min ago
- Large explosion, fire reported in East Harlem 3 min ago
- Photos: Pictures of smashed police car, station...
- Standoff leaves 1 dead, several in custody
- 2 men shot inside Feltonville bar
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- India asked to join hunt for missing plane
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Photos: Philly's unsolved missing child cases