Elizabeth Taylor tweets about heart procedure
Wednesday, March 23, 2011
LOS ANGELES (AP) - October 6, 2009 -- Elizabeth Taylor says she's headed to the hospital for a heart procedure.
The 77-year-old actress tells her followers on Twitter that she is to undergo a "very new" procedure to improve heart function that "involves repairing my leaky valve using a clip device" rather than open-heart surgery. "Any prayers you happen to have lying around I would dearly appreciate," Taylor wrote Tuesday, adding that she plans to inform her 155,944 Twitter followers when the procedure is complete. She did not say when or where she is having treatment.
A representative for Taylor did not immediately return an e-mail seeking comment.
(Copyright ©2014 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
elizabeth taylor, entertainment
- Photos: 6 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Accused wedding crasher thief pleads guilty 22 min ago
- SEPTA, union resume talks to avoid strike 55 min ago
- Police step up search in deadly hit-and-run
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect
- Photos: Pictures from the finger-bite mall attack
- Investigators chase 'every angle' in missing jet
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Court won't hear dispute over 'boobies' bracelets
- Are store credit cards worth the discount?
- Video: 85-year-old grandma outsmarts robber