Elizabeth Taylor tweets about heart procedure
Wednesday, March 23, 2011
LOS ANGELES (AP) - October 6, 2009 -- Elizabeth Taylor says she's headed to the hospital for a heart procedure.
The 77-year-old actress tells her followers on Twitter that she is to undergo a "very new" procedure to improve heart function that "involves repairing my leaky valve using a clip device" rather than open-heart surgery. "Any prayers you happen to have lying around I would dearly appreciate," Taylor wrote Tuesday, adding that she plans to inform her 155,944 Twitter followers when the procedure is complete. She did not say when or where she is having treatment.
A representative for Taylor did not immediately return an e-mail seeking comment.
(Copyright ©2014 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
elizabeth taylor, entertainment
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera 47 min ago
- Slightly Cooler Sunday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ