Elizabeth Taylor tweets about heart procedure
Wednesday, March 23, 2011
LOS ANGELES (AP) - October 6, 2009 -- Elizabeth Taylor says she's headed to the hospital for a heart procedure.
The 77-year-old actress tells her followers on Twitter that she is to undergo a "very new" procedure to improve heart function that "involves repairing my leaky valve using a clip device" rather than open-heart surgery. "Any prayers you happen to have lying around I would dearly appreciate," Taylor wrote Tuesday, adding that she plans to inform her 155,944 Twitter followers when the procedure is complete. She did not say when or where she is having treatment.
A representative for Taylor did not immediately return an e-mail seeking comment.
(Copyright ©2013 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
elizabeth taylor, entertainment
- London theater partially collapses; 80 injured 44 min ago
- Record Weekend Warmth
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Steps you can take to reduce fraud risk 30 min ago
- Attempted child luring in Newtown, Bucks County
- Holiday tips, cards stolen in East Pikeland Twp.
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding
- Cat hoarder at Grace Kelly home found guilty
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Video captures Laundromat robbery
- Teacher admits to sex with 4 students
- Bring old clothes to new H&M for savings
- London theater partially collapses; 80...
44 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos