Trial over death of James Woods' brother to begin
WARWICK, R.I. (AP) - Novembaer 9, 2009 -- James Woods is expected in a Rhode Island courtroom as a trial begins in a lawsuit he brought against the hospital where his younger brother died in 2006.
Opening statements are scheduled for Monday in Kent County Superior Court.
The actor claims Kent Hospital was negligent in caring for his brother, Michael, who was 49 when he died of an apparent heart attack.
It's unclear how much money or other damages Woods is seeking. A spokesperson for the hospital did not return a message seeking comment Friday, and lawyers for both sides declined to comment.
Woods told The Associated Press on Friday that he was seeking "justice" for his brother but would not discuss the case in detail.
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall
- Milder Monday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- 2 wounded in daytime shooting in Trenton
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- Del. worker hospitalized after pretzel factory accident
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ