Trial over death of James Woods' brother to begin
WARWICK, R.I. (AP) - Novembaer 9, 2009 -- James Woods is expected in a Rhode Island courtroom as a trial begins in a lawsuit he brought against the hospital where his younger brother died in 2006.
Opening statements are scheduled for Monday in Kent County Superior Court.
The actor claims Kent Hospital was negligent in caring for his brother, Michael, who was 49 when he died of an apparent heart attack.
It's unclear how much money or other damages Woods is seeking. A spokesperson for the hospital did not return a message seeking comment Friday, and lawyers for both sides declined to comment.
Woods told The Associated Press on Friday that he was seeking "justice" for his brother but would not discuss the case in detail.
- School Closings & Delays
- Snow walloping Philadelphia area
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 1 dead, 50+ vehicles involved in Pa. Turnpike crashes 22 min ago
- Photos: Images of Sunday's winter storm 38 min ago
- Nearly 1 foot of snow in parts of Delaware 5 min ago
- Video: Widener U. students help stuck drivers
- Eagles beat Lions 34-20 in the snow
- Video: Time lapse of snow at the Linc
- 6abc.com Flight Tracker
- Check local traffic on 6abc.com!
- Man dressed as Santa struck, killed on I-95
- Paul Walker memorial in California draws thousands