'Hair' sets a London opening with its B'way cast
NEW YORK (AP) - November 16, 2009 -- The Tony Award-winning revival of "Hair" is going to London - with its original Broadway cast.
Public Theater artistic director Oskar Eustis says the "American Tribal Love-Rock Musical" will open at London's Gielgud Theatre on April 14, 2010. Preview performances begins April 1.
The current New York cast will be replaced at New York's Al Hirschfeld Theatre with a new "tribe" starting March 9.
Director Diane Paulus and her team of designers also will repeat their assignments in London.
musical theater, london, entertainment
- Men's Wearhouse ousts founder, pitchman Zimmer
- A Nice Stretch
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Get the new 6abc StormTracker app
- 20 people charged in Ocean Co. heroin raids 26 min ago
- 15 charged in NJ unemployment fraud case
- Computer outage delays travelers at Phila. Airport
- Father, son 'pimps' acquitted after prostitutes testify
- Traffic stop turns violent, police shoot suspect
- Friends mourn NJ doctor killed in murder-suicide
- Philly deputy mayor: City not liable for demo sites 40 min ago
- Death investigation leads police to home of Patriots TE
- FBI hunt for ex-Teamster boss Hoffa's remains ends
- Rollings Stones review: How old is too old?