'Twilight' stars attend charity screening in Tenn.
KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (AP) - November 18, 2009 -- Actress Kristen Stewart wanted to make the right fashion statement when attending a screening of "The Twilight Saga: New Moon" in Knoxville.
The 19-year-old star told The Knoxville News Sentinel that she brought two fancy dresses, but they didn't seem to appropriate for the Tuesday night screening benefiting the philanthropic organization Variety of Eastern Tennessee.
Minutes before walking out before a crowd of hundreds of fans, she changed into a simple black-and-white strapless dress.
The appearance by Stewart and co-star, 17-year-old Taylor Lautner, raised a little more than $440,000 for the charity.
- Read more Parenting Perspective blogs on the Parenting Channel
- BIG STORIES: Get the most popular stuff on 6abc.com
- Follow Action News on Twitter
- Get Action News on your website
- Follow Action News on Facebook
- Get the latest Philadelphia headlines from across the Delaware and Lehigh valleys
twilight saga, movies, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- $6M counterfeit check ring busted in Phila.
- Brisk And Cold
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Neighbor alerts showering woman of fire in home
- Couple files suit over Lower Twp. blast 38 min ago
- Man robbed at gunpoint in North Philadelphia
- Derailed train car blocking road in South Coatesville
- Arrest in stabbing of elderly man in Egg Harbor
- Arrest in deadly June shooting in West Philadelphia
- 2 million-dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del.
- Guide dog saves blind man after subway track fall 20 min ago
- Girl kidnapped, freed in Reading; suspect at large
- Tourist distracted by Facebook falls off pier