'Twilight' stars attend charity screening in Tenn.
KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (AP) - November 18, 2009 -- Actress Kristen Stewart wanted to make the right fashion statement when attending a screening of "The Twilight Saga: New Moon" in Knoxville.
The 19-year-old star told The Knoxville News Sentinel that she brought two fancy dresses, but they didn't seem to appropriate for the Tuesday night screening benefiting the philanthropic organization Variety of Eastern Tennessee.
Minutes before walking out before a crowd of hundreds of fans, she changed into a simple black-and-white strapless dress.
The appearance by Stewart and co-star, 17-year-old Taylor Lautner, raised a little more than $440,000 for the charity.
- Read more Parenting Perspective blogs on the Parenting Channel
- BIG STORIES: Get the most popular stuff on 6abc.com
- Follow Action News on Twitter
- Get Action News on your website
- Follow Action News on Facebook
- Get the latest Philadelphia headlines from across the Delaware and Lehigh valleys
twilight saga, movies, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- China-bound Malaysian jet vanishes with 239 aboard
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Pedestrian struck, killed in Delaware County
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos