Johnny Depp wins his 2nd 'Sexiest Man Alive' title
NEW YORK (AP) - November 18, 2009 -- Get lost, Hugh Jackman. This year's "Sexiest Man Alive" is once again Johnny Depp.
Depp nudged aside Jackman to get the coveted endorsement from People magazine Wednesday. It's the 46-year-old actor's second time as "Sexiest Man Alive." He also won in 2003.
Kate Coyne, senior editor at People, said on CBS' "Early Show" that Depp has achieved an almost "iconic status in terms of sexiness."
Says Coyne: "Johnny Depp was someone who was sexy 10 years ago. He'll be sexy 10 years from now. He's someone who appeals to multiple generations of women."
Depp joins other double winners Brad Pitt, George Clooney and Richard Gere.
Matt Bomer, who stars in USA's "White Collar," was named "Sexiest Rising Star."
- Read more Parenting Perspective blogs on the Parenting Channel
- BIG STORIES: Get the most popular stuff on 6abc.com
- Follow Action News on Twitter
- Get Action News on your website
- Follow Action News on Facebook
- Get the latest Philadelphia headlines from across the Delaware and Lehigh valleys
movies, johnny depp, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Police: Delco 2nd grade teacher groped 2 girls
- AccuWeather: Thunderstorms possible today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Health officials: Drexel student died from meningitis 7 min ago
- DeCoatsworth seeks to withdraw guilty plea 13 min ago
- Mistrial declared in Philly priest sex-abuse case 5 min ago
- 2 dead after building explosion in New York City
- Skippack student hospitalized with meningitis infection
- Phila. cop charged with false imprisonment
- Fatal house fire in Coatesville, Chester County
- NJ teen who sued parents returns home
- Pa. state senator charged with misuse of office
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm