Billy Crystal: Dallas Cowboy for a day
DALLAS (AP) - November 18, 2009 -- Billy Crystal traded a stage for a Salvation Army center to help serve an early Thanksgiving lunch to the needy in Dallas.
The comedian and sports fan said "this isn't gonna play well in New Jersey" as he put on a Cowboys jersey with his name and No. 9, the same number as Dallas quarterback Tony Romo.
Crystal, a native New Yorker, is in Dallas through the weekend for performances of his autobiographical one-man play "700 Sundays."
He spent part of Tuesday offering pumpkin pie and visiting with diners, serving up one liners such as "how about this Cowboy?"
Crystal, a longtime fan of baseball's New York Yankees, said he wanted to pitch in because he admires the Cowboys and the NFL franchise.
- Read more Parenting Perspective blogs on the Parenting Channel
- BIG STORIES: Get the most popular stuff on 6abc.com
- Follow Action News on Twitter
- Get Action News on your website
- Follow Action News on Facebook
- Get the latest Philadelphia headlines from across the Delaware and Lehigh valleys
movies, dallas, billy crystal, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- 3 children rescued from Southwest Phila. house fire
- Windy And Cool
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Philadelphia man arrested for firing shots at police
- Fire forces evacuation of N. Phila. high-rise apt.
- Police investigate 2 robberies in Montgomery Co.
- Cold start to 1st summer after Sandy at Jersey Shore
- Angel Flight crashes in NY, 2 killed, 1 missing
- No quick fix for downed bridge on holiday weekend
- Police seek suspect in Olney sex assault
- Actor Tyler Perry donates $100K to Ohio schools
- 4 men sought in West Philadelphia armed robbery
- Police: Woman who hit teen was DUI, reading text
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos