Billy Crystal: Dallas Cowboy for a day
DALLAS (AP) - November 18, 2009 -- Billy Crystal traded a stage for a Salvation Army center to help serve an early Thanksgiving lunch to the needy in Dallas.
The comedian and sports fan said "this isn't gonna play well in New Jersey" as he put on a Cowboys jersey with his name and No. 9, the same number as Dallas quarterback Tony Romo.
Crystal, a native New Yorker, is in Dallas through the weekend for performances of his autobiographical one-man play "700 Sundays."
He spent part of Tuesday offering pumpkin pie and visiting with diners, serving up one liners such as "how about this Cowboy?"
Crystal, a longtime fan of baseball's New York Yankees, said he wanted to pitch in because he admires the Cowboys and the NFL franchise.
- Read more Parenting Perspective blogs on the Parenting Channel
- BIG STORIES: Get the most popular stuff on 6abc.com
- Follow Action News on Twitter
- Get Action News on your website
- Follow Action News on Facebook
- Get the latest Philadelphia headlines from across the Delaware and Lehigh valleys
movies, dallas, billy crystal, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- 4 charged with murder in deadly NJ mall carjacking 25 min ago
- Record Warmth!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Police investigate tire slashings in South Philadelphia
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova professor
- NASA astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs 6 min ago
- Police investigate double shooting in Mantua
- 3 rescued after car plunges into Delaware pond
- 2 suspects wanted in home invasion in Dover 17 min ago
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly school
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish
- 4 charged with murder in deadly NJ mall...
25 min ago