Janet Jackson: Michael in denial over drug problem
NEW YORK (AP) - November 18, 2009 -- Janet Jackson says she recognized her brother Michael's drug problem, and tried to help him, but that he rebuffed those attempts to intervene.
"You can't make 'em drink the water," Jackson told ABC News in an interview airing Wednesday.
When asked if her brother was in denial about his addiction, she replied, "Possibly."
"I wish he could answer this question for you and not me," she told ABC's Robin Roberts. "I felt that he was in denial."
She blames Dr. Conrad Murray, Michael Jackson's personal physician, for his death June 25.
Prosecutors in Los Angeles are weighing charges against Murray, who told police he administered a powerful anesthetic to the singer shortly before he died.
During the interview, the 43-year-old Janet Jackson spoke of her upcoming diet book, "True You," which chronicles her lifelong struggle to control her weight.
She has gained some mastery over her self-image, she said, after years of "just picking yourself apart all the time because you're so used to being kind of picked apart."
She said she hasn't seen "This Is It," the new documentary film spotlighting her late brother as he prepared for the concert tour that would've taken place last summer.
"I definitely won't, not right now," she said. "I don't know if I will ever see it."
janet jackson, michael jackson, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Multi-alarm fire at NJ apartment complex 25 min ago
- Lots of sun, chilly today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures of damage from Tuesday's storm 59 min ago
- High winds bring damage to Abington Twp. 58 min ago
- Violent Chester police confrontation caught on video
- Driver loses control, hits parked SUV in South Philly
- 292 missing, 4 dead in South Korea ferry disaster
- Man charged with hoax near marathon finish line
- Bucks Co. runner set to return to Boston Marathon
- Police: Pa. man tries to snatch baby from stroller
- Chaka Fattah Jr. files $10 million federal lawsuit
- Free coffee as Wawa celebrates 50th
- Police: Pedestrian struck and killed in...
45 min ago
- High winds bring damage to Abington Twp.
58 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos