Parker-Broderick surrogate expected on the stand
ST. CLAIRSVILLE, Ohio (AP) - November 19, 2009 -- The woman who bore twins for Sarah Jessica Parker and Matthew Broderick is expected on the witness stand at the trial of an Ohio police chief accused of snooping on the surrogate.
The trial of suspended Martins Ferry Chief Barry Carpenter resumed Thursday morning. Testimony from Michelle Ross is anticipated later in the day.
Prosecutors say Carpenter entered Ross' home in Martins Ferry in May and took items that identified her as the couple's surrogate. He and Police Chief Chad Dojack from neighboring Bridgeport are accused of scheming to sell the stuff to paparazzi.
Carpenter has pleaded not guilty to felony counts including burglary and receiving stolen property.
Dojack is to be tried in January.
matthew broderick, sarah jessica parker, ohio, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- 3rd person dies after I-95 crash in Lawrence, N.J.
- Tracking Weekend Storm 55 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- No charges against officers in teen Tasering
- Berks Co. police chief faces child porn charges 25 min ago
- DA: Charges coming in fatal frat ritual in Poconos
- 800K in danger of ID theft after laptop theft 35 min ago
- Suspect sought after West Philadelphia bank robbery 17 min ago
- North Korea executes Kim Jong Un's uncle
- Interpreter at Mandela event: I was hallucinating
- DA: Woman stole $81K from Montco church 49 min ago
- Dump truck hits ATV pulling sled, boy killed
- Photos: 60 photos of Golden Globe nominees
- On video: serial smash-and-grab burglar in...
48 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos