Parker-Broderick surrogate expected on the stand
ST. CLAIRSVILLE, Ohio (AP) - November 19, 2009 -- The woman who bore twins for Sarah Jessica Parker and Matthew Broderick is expected on the witness stand at the trial of an Ohio police chief accused of snooping on the surrogate.
The trial of suspended Martins Ferry Chief Barry Carpenter resumed Thursday morning. Testimony from Michelle Ross is anticipated later in the day.
Prosecutors say Carpenter entered Ross' home in Martins Ferry in May and took items that identified her as the couple's surrogate. He and Police Chief Chad Dojack from neighboring Bridgeport are accused of scheming to sell the stuff to paparazzi.
Carpenter has pleaded not guilty to felony counts including burglary and receiving stolen property.
Dojack is to be tried in January.
matthew broderick, sarah jessica parker, ohio, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion 39 min ago
- Brief Surge of Mild Air 34 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Mutilated animal in Brewerytown possibly a bobcat
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects 54 min ago
- Cabbie allegedly locks doors in credit card dispute
- Police investigate 2 shootings at illegal Trenton bar
- Wynnewood community mourns college student's death
- Police step up search in deadly hit-and-run
- Vietnam vet's therapy dog missing in Lehigh Valley 49 min ago
- Stolen passports probed in Malaysian plane mystery
- Video: Camden H.S. wrestler wins state championship 39 min ago
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp....
39 min ago
- Brief Surge of Mild Air
34 min ago
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
54 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos