Palin's book tour to include stop at Fort Hood
FORT HOOD, Texas (AP) - November 20, 2009 -- Sarah Palin's tour to promote her new memoir will include a stop at Fort Hood to benefit the victims of the shooting rampage and their families.
An updated schedule for the 2008 Republican vice presidential nominee and former Alaska governor includes a Dec. 4 visit to the sprawling Texas post where an Army psychiatrist is accused of killing 13 people and wounding more than 30.
The gunman, who faces murder charges, was shot by civilian police.
Palin, on her blog for the "Going Rogue" book tour, says she's "especially looking forward to meeting our brave men and women in uniform at Fort Hood."
Palin says she will donate royalties from book sales during her stop at Fort Hood to the victims and their families.
sarah palin, writers, primetime, fort hood shootings, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Plane's landing gear collapses at Phila. Airport 14 min ago
- After a Cold Night, Temps Rebound
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures of Old City building collapse
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Police: Coatesville man died before fire began
- NJ charges 4 with false Sandy aid applications
- After 6 days, Malaysian jet mystery still unsolved
- Mississippi man who awakened inside body bag dies
- 7th body recovered after NYC explosion
- Philadelphia Zoo welcomes 2 new tiger cubs
- Video: Man punches boy, 8, steals his iPad