Attorney: Gosselin divorce could be finalized soon
ALLENTOWN, Pa. (AP) - November 23, 2009 -- Jon Gosselin's lawyer says a marathon arbitration hearing went so well that Jon and Kate Gosselin could be divorced by the end of the year.
The feuding stars of TLC's "Jon & Kate Plus Eight" met for more than six hours Saturday at a law office in the Philadelphia suburbs to discuss custody of their eight children and the distribution of marital property.
Jon Gosselin's attorney Mark Heller says a second day of arbitration planned for Monday is no longer needed. He says an arbitrator will rule by Christmas and that the divorce could be finalized by the close of 2009.
Kate Gosselin's attorney had no immediate comment.
The popular reality series ends its run Monday night.
kate gosselin, jon gosselin, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Snow today, heavy at times
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Photos: Pictures from the winter storm
- Photos: Winter storm forecast maps
- Gunman fires shots through window, teens wounded
- Heavy flames damage Southwest Philadelphia house 58 min ago
- Arrest made in Beats headphone murder
- 2 arrested for violent Center City attack
- Thief steals $17K from Philadelphia charter school
- 2 PSU students charged with ethnic intimidation
- US Airways, American merger complete
- Rachael Ray's cookbook competition
- John Rawlins tracks the snowstorm
31 min ago
- Katherine Scott tracks the storm from...
29 min ago