Air Force captain wins new car on 'Jay Leno Show'
NEW YORK (AP) -November 27, 2009 -- An audience member at "The Jay Leno Show" is especially grateful this Thanksgiving. He won a new car.
Air Force Capt. Tung Ngo (TUNG' noh) was in the audience filled with men and women of the U.S. military when Leno called his name during Thursday's special holiday program. It was taped at NBC studios in Burbank, Calif., just hours before airtime.
Ngo won a 2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid. He told Leno he was glad to get an upgrade from the 12-year-old car he drives.
The Lincoln, Neb., native is headed next week to a new assignment at Cape Canaveral, Fla.
His name was drawn from a bowl with names of Air Force audience members after that branch edged Army, Navy, Marine and Coast Guard rivals in several competitions during the show.
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Carolers sing to grant Pa. cancer patient's wish
- Record Warmth!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Hospital: Teen shot at Colorado high school dies
- 6 apartments destroyed in Wilmington fire
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in East Mt. Airy shooting
- $10K reward posted in Delco murder case
- Police search for missing Delco mother
- Woman arrested in fatal North Philly stabbing
- 4 charged with murder in NJ mall carjacking
- NASA astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for thousands
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ