'New Moon' keeps top box office spot
LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA - November 30, 2009 -- No eclipse yet for "New Moon."
"The Twilight" sequel stays number-one but just barely.
The vampire romance brings in another $42.5 million this weekend.
Its 10-day total is now nearly 231 mil.
Sandra Bullock's football drama nearly tackles New Moon for a loss.
"The Blind Side" is running a close second with just over 40 million for the weekend.
"2012" is third, followed by the comedy "Old Dogs."
Hollywood has much to be thankful for this weekend.
An estimated $278 million worth of tickets were sold over the five-day Thanksgiving period.
Hollywood-dot-com reports that breaks the record set in 2000, when the top draws were "Dr. Seuss' How the Grinch Stole Christmas" and "Unbreakable."
kristen stewart, robert pattinson, twilight saga, disney, movies, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Lockdown at high school in Bethlehem
- Lots of sun, chilly today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed 34 min ago
- Boy dies after Mayfair drowning incident
- Search for missing teenager in Camden
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead 22 min ago
- DA: Montco man gave alcohol at 'Sweet 16' party 29 min ago
- Minivan, car collide head-on in Paoli 35 min ago
- Violent Chester police confrontation caught on video
- Elderly woman hurt in East Windsor apartment fire
- Made In America Festival in Philly and LA
- Free coffee as Wawa celebrates 50th
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos