'New Moon' keeps top box office spot
LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA - November 30, 2009 -- No eclipse yet for "New Moon."
"The Twilight" sequel stays number-one but just barely.
The vampire romance brings in another $42.5 million this weekend.
Its 10-day total is now nearly 231 mil.
Sandra Bullock's football drama nearly tackles New Moon for a loss.
"The Blind Side" is running a close second with just over 40 million for the weekend.
"2012" is third, followed by the comedy "Old Dogs."
Hollywood has much to be thankful for this weekend.
An estimated $278 million worth of tickets were sold over the five-day Thanksgiving period.
Hollywood-dot-com reports that breaks the record set in 2000, when the top draws were "Dr. Seuss' How the Grinch Stole Christmas" and "Unbreakable."
kristen stewart, robert pattinson, twilight saga, disney, movies, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Bicyclist impaled on fence in Fairmount Park 47 min ago
- Another Beauty 50 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Get the new 6abc StormTracker app
- Actor James Gandolfini dies at 51
- Shots fired at man sitting on steps in Point Breeze 5 min ago
- Water main break buckles road in South Philly 21 min ago
- Boy, 6, hit by car in East Oak Lane
- Villanova lockdown over, all suspects in custody
- Pregnant woman, 2 others shot in N. Phila.
- Back yard bear prompts photos, videos
- 20 people charged in Ocean Co. heroin raids
- 15 charged in NJ unemployment fraud case
- Video: Phila. choir shares stage with Rolling Stones
- Bicyclist impaled on fence in Fairmount Park
47 min ago