Publicist says dinner couple not 'shopping' story
WASHINGTON (AP) - November 30, 2009 -- A publicist for the couple that crashed a White House state dinner denies they are "shopping" any interviews or demanding money from television networks to tell their story.
In an e-mailed statement Monday, publicist Mahogany Jones said the allegations are false and demanded that "this adverse, inaccurate information cease immediately."
Jones said Michaele and Tareq Salahi are not making any formal comments or arrangements to speak with the media. An appearance previously scheduled for Monday night on CNN's "Larry King Live" has been canceled.
A TV executive who spoke on condition of anonymity to publicly discuss bookings had told The Associated Press that the couple's representatives had urged networks to "get their bids in" for an interview.
michaele and tareq salahi, white house security, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Eye doc grew pot in Delco home, police say 32 min ago
- Mostly sunny, very windy today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Pizza deliveryman ID'd in police shooting
- Fmr. Devon Prep teacher faces child porn charges
- 4 alarm fire burns at motel in Berks County
- 3rd lottery jackpot hits at Atlantic Co. truck stop
- Detectives serve warrants at Chester police station
- New 'object of interest' in missing jet hunt
- Restaurant plans new statue of Joe Paterno
- Photo released of anti-Semetic vandalism suspect
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- What would you ask Mayor Nutter?
- Eye doc grew pot in Delco home, police say
32 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos