Publicist says dinner couple not 'shopping' story
WASHINGTON (AP) - November 30, 2009 -- A publicist for the couple that crashed a White House state dinner denies they are "shopping" any interviews or demanding money from television networks to tell their story.
In an e-mailed statement Monday, publicist Mahogany Jones said the allegations are false and demanded that "this adverse, inaccurate information cease immediately."
Jones said Michaele and Tareq Salahi are not making any formal comments or arrangements to speak with the media. An appearance previously scheduled for Monday night on CNN's "Larry King Live" has been canceled.
A TV executive who spoke on condition of anonymity to publicly discuss bookings had told The Associated Press that the couple's representatives had urged networks to "get their bids in" for an interview.
michaele and tareq salahi, white house security, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Skydiver ID'd in fatal Washing Twp. accident
- 70s Return This Week 47 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- $10K to $30K stolen in Target armed robbery 50 min ago
- I-95 reopens after car catches fire 53 min ago
- Person of interest ID'd in Collingdale hit-and-run
- Residents displaced after West Philadelphia fire
- 4 injured in Route 295 crash 52 min ago
- Camden teen reported missing 31 min ago
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite 29 min ago
- Oscar Mayer hot dogs recalled due to misbranding
- Photos: Pictures from Easter Sunday services
- Photos: Jamie Apody welcomes Baby Chase!
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom...
29 min ago
- $10K to $30K stolen in Target armed robbery
50 min ago