'Twilight' publisher announces green goals
NEW YORK (AP) - November 30, 2009 -- Future sales of Stephenie Meyer's novels should be green in more ways than one.
The Hachette Book Group, where authors include Meyer and Malcolm Gladwell, is the latest publisher to announce a broad range of environmental goals. The new policy features promises to cut greenhouse gas emissions by 20 percent and increase tenfold the amount of recycled fiber.
Other publishers to launch environmental initiatives in recent years include Random House Inc., Scholastic Inc. and Simon & Schuster.
twilight saga, writers, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Dump truck hits ATV pulling sled, boy killed
- 3 frigid days, another weekend storm
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- New video shows deadly Asiana jet crash 47 min ago
- Woman killed in Germantown was Villanova prof.
- Parts of Christiana Mall lose power 51 min ago
- On video: Robber dives thru window, attacks clerk
- Camden man accused of robbing 5 banks in 1 month 33 min ago
- Pa. girl, 18, survives bear attack
- Women sentenced in murder of Danny DeGennaro 56 min ago
- Mega Millions jackpot climbs; $1M ticket sold in NJ
- Fake deaf interpreter crashes Mandela memorial
- Bedbug fighter recalled over fire hazard 26 min ago