'Twilight' publisher announces green goals
NEW YORK (AP) - November 30, 2009 -- Future sales of Stephenie Meyer's novels should be green in more ways than one.
The Hachette Book Group, where authors include Meyer and Malcolm Gladwell, is the latest publisher to announce a broad range of environmental goals. The new policy features promises to cut greenhouse gas emissions by 20 percent and increase tenfold the amount of recycled fiber.
Other publishers to launch environmental initiatives in recent years include Random House Inc., Scholastic Inc. and Simon & Schuster.
twilight saga, writers, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge 6 min ago
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill 40 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 1 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco 4 min ago
- Police car crash leads to chase in N. Phila. 9 min ago
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Phila. police seek missing special needs woman
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Gun falls out of sock, kills thrift store worker
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- 2 NJ men sentenced for bogus 9/11 charity
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill
40 min ago