Regis Philbin has hip replacement surgery
NEW YORK (AP) - December 1, 2009 -- Regis Philbin had successful hip replacement surgery Tuesday, and plans to return to his syndicated daytime talk show early next month.
An e-mail from "Live! With Regis and Kelly" says: "Word from the hospital is that everything went perfectly this morning during Regis' hip replacement surgery, and his doctor said that Regis couldn't be in better shape."
The show says the typical recovery period is four to six weeks, and the 78-year-old Philbin expects to return soon after the first of the year,No other details were available.
Philbin had triple heart bypass surgery in 2007.
regis philbin, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Investigators chasing 'every angle' on missing jet
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington 21 min ago
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- Are store credit cards worth the discount? 39 min ago
- Photos: Kevin Grow joins Harlem Globetrotters
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ