James documentary lands nomination
CLEVELAND (AP) - December 1, 2009 -- LeBron James is up for another award.
The film "More Than A Game," which follows the NBA superstar and four high school friends on their journey to a national championship while James becomes a celebrity, has been nominated as best documentary for the Spirit Awards, which honor independent films.
James, the reigning league MVP, spent part of last summer on a worldwide promotional tour for the film, which was nominated along with "Anvil! The Story of Anvil" "Food, Inc.," "October Country" and "Which Way Home" in the documentary category.
The Spirit Awards honor movies that cost less than $20 million to make.
The winner will be announced March 5. James will be busy that day as the Cavaliers host the Detroit Pistons.
lebron james, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Delaware County mail carrier accused of theft
- Rain Moves Out, Cool Winds Blow In
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Faith-healing couple held without bail
- Police: Woman who hit teen was DUI, reading text
- Deadly crash on I-295 in Mercer County, N.J.
- Tractor trailer crash jams traffic in Chesco
- Sex offender arrested in Del. child porn bust
- Jersey shore reopens for 1st post-Sandy summer
- Philadelphia man sentenced in shaken baby death
- 4 men sought in West Philadelphia armed robbery 41 min ago
- Wash. I-5 bridge collapse caused by oversize load
- Healthcheck: Dealing with poison ivy