Regis Philbin has hip replacement surgery
NEW YORK (AP) - December 2, 2009 -- Regis Philbin's hip replacement surgery is being called a success.
An e-mail from "Live! With Regis and Kelly" says: "Word from the hospital is that everything went perfectly this morning during Regis' hip replacement surgery, and his doctor said that Regis couldn't be in better shape."
The show says the typical recovery period is four to six weeks, and the 78-year-old Philbin expects to return soon to his syndicated daytime talk show after the first of the year.
No other details were available.
Philbin had triple heart bypass surgery in 2007.
regis philbin, abc, surgery, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Coffins unearthed at North Philly school 1 min ago
- Temps soar above normal
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Pedestrian struck and killed in Mercer County 52 min ago
- Kutztown coach accused of covering up teen's rape 5 min ago
- Man struck by SEPTA bus in Wynnefield Heights
- Attack in Center City caught on camera 26 min ago
- Police: Threat to father used in phone scam 29 min ago
- Burglary suspect nabbed by quick-thinking neighbor 35 min ago
- Suspect in killing of fmr. Marine surrenders
- Newtown 911 dispatcher urged callers to take cover 54 min ago
- Researchers: 'Fit and Fat' a myth 25 min ago
- Walker autopsy complete; 'Fast & Furious 7' halted
- Coffins unearthed at North Philly school
1 min ago
- Kutztown coach accused of covering up...
5 min ago
- Attack in Center City caught on camera
26 min ago