Jack Nicholson among 15 named to NJ Hall of Fame
TRENTON, N.J. (AP) - December 3, 2009 -- The newest members of New Jersey's Hall of Fame include actors Jack Nicholson and Danny DeVito, musicians Les Paul and Count Basie, and authors Philip Roth and Judy Blume.
The Associated Press obtained the list of the 15 inductees in advance of Thursday's 1:30 p.m. announcement.
The list includes former President Woodrow Wilson, Olympian Carl Lewis, architect Michael Graves and former Supreme Court Justice William Brennan.
Rounding out the list of 2010 honorees are baseball player Larry Doby; women's rights advocate Alice Paul; actress Susan Sarandon; astronaut Wally Schirra; and singer Frankie Valli.
The winners were chosen online by New Jerseyans and by the hall's Voting Academy of 100 state organizations.
This is the third class to be elected. The induction ceremony will be in May.
jack nicholson, new jersey hall of fame, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova professor
- Warmer Weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Overbrook shooting
- Multi-vehicle crash on Schuylkill Expressway
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for thousands
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly school
- Video released of AK-47 robbery in Wynnefield
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ
- Missing 2-year-old found, mom's ex-boyfriend arrested
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish
- Video: Flyers' Hartnell co-authors children's book