Jack Nicholson among 15 named to NJ Hall of Fame
TRENTON, N.J. (AP) - December 3, 2009 -- The newest members of New Jersey's Hall of Fame include actors Jack Nicholson and Danny DeVito, musicians Les Paul and Count Basie, and authors Philip Roth and Judy Blume.
The Associated Press obtained the list of the 15 inductees in advance of Thursday's 1:30 p.m. announcement.
The list includes former President Woodrow Wilson, Olympian Carl Lewis, architect Michael Graves and former Supreme Court Justice William Brennan.
Rounding out the list of 2010 honorees are baseball player Larry Doby; women's rights advocate Alice Paul; actress Susan Sarandon; astronaut Wally Schirra; and singer Frankie Valli.
The winners were chosen online by New Jerseyans and by the hall's Voting Academy of 100 state organizations.
This is the third class to be elected. The induction ceremony will be in May.
jack nicholson, new jersey hall of fame, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- China-bound Malaysian jet vanishes with 239 aboard
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Pedestrian struck, killed in Delaware County
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos