Fla. judge wants footage in 'Girls Gone Wild' suit
PANAMA CITY, Fla. (AP) - December 4, 2009 -- A judge in Florida wants footage to be turned over to the court so he can decide on a motion to dismiss a civil suit against "Girls Gone Wild" founder Joe Francis.
BC-US--Girls Gone Wild,0148
U.S. District Judge Richard Smoak on Wednesday ordered all relevant videos be handed to him so he can make a final ruling on the motion by Francis' lawyers. Smoak said the motion relies on the plaintiff's actions in the videos.
Four women filed suit last year. They said they were 13 to 17 years old when they were filmed in stages of undress or engaged in sexual activity by Francis' company, which produces the "Girls Gone Wild" video series. The plaintiffs are now adults.
Francis' motion argues the actions on film did not violate Florida law. Trial is scheduled for February.
joe francis, girls gone wild, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Man dressed as Santa struck on I-95
- AccuWeather: Tracking a Wintry Weekend
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- PennDOT preps begin ahead of wintry mix
- Man shot, killed in West Oak Lane
- $10K reward in murder of Chester gas station owner
- Suspects sought in carjacking, abduction
- Underground transformer fire in Center City
- Police: Pa. newlyweds killed man from Craigslist
- Teacher says he was fired because he is gay
- NJ officers play Santa for 'Shop with a Cop'
- Pearl Harbor ceremonies marks bombing anniversary
- Campbell Soup apologizes for SpaghettiOs Pearl Harbor tweet