Diane Sawyer says this is her last week on 'GMA'
NEW YORK (AP) - December 7, 2009 -- Diane Sawyer says this week is her last as co-anchor of ABC's "Good Morning America" as she prepares to replace Charles Gibson on the network's "World News."
Gibson is retiring. His last broadcast as anchor on "World News" will be Dec. 18. Sawyer starts Dec. 21.
The 63-year-old Sawyer has been on "GMA" for 10 years. She says: "I've calculated - 2,881 shows. Roughly."
Sawyer made the announcement Monday. She says she hopes "GMA" viewers will "celebrate with us this week, and laugh with us this week, and look back a little with us this week."
diane sawyer, good morning america, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- SEPTA unveils strike plan; union says strike unlikely 7 min ago
- Milder this afternoon, snow possible Monday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL 14 min ago
- Photos: Pictures from PHL after landing gear collapse
- Investigator: Missing plane flew over Malaysia 11 min ago
- Police investigate death of toddler at Del. daycare
- Truck overturns on Paoli Pike; 1 injury
- Drunk driving suspected in Center City crash
- Photos: Pictures of Old City building collapse
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Teen father arrested for biting nose off infant
- Mississippi man who awakened inside body bag dies
- SEPTA unveils strike plan; union says...
7 min ago
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
14 min ago