Diane Sawyer says this is her last week on 'GMA'
NEW YORK (AP) - December 7, 2009 -- Diane Sawyer says this week is her last as co-anchor of ABC's "Good Morning America" as she prepares to replace Charles Gibson on the network's "World News."
Gibson is retiring. His last broadcast as anchor on "World News" will be Dec. 18. Sawyer starts Dec. 21.
The 63-year-old Sawyer has been on "GMA" for 10 years. She says: "I've calculated - 2,881 shows. Roughly."
Sawyer made the announcement Monday. She says she hopes "GMA" viewers will "celebrate with us this week, and laugh with us this week, and look back a little with us this week."
diane sawyer, good morning america, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Target confirms breach; up to 40M affected
- Turning Milder
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Man dies in fast-moving blaze in Talleyville
- Police search for suspects in religious store robbery
- Jewelry thieves target Montgomery Co. open houses
- Elderly couple's life savings stolen in Media
- Purse snatcher at Willow Grove Mall caught on camera 2 min ago
- Police: Man shoots self on SEPTA bus
- $6M counterfeit check ring busted in Phila.
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating Person revealed
- Video: Christmas tree comes to life in school prank
- Purse snatcher at Willow Grove Mall caught...
2 min ago