David Letterman takes his swings at Woods
NEW YORK (AP) - December 8, 2009 -- The late night comedians aren't letting up in poking fun at Tiger Woods.
And one of the latest to take his swings is David Letterman - himself no stranger to domestic drama.
Letterman joked on his show last night that he wishes that Woods would stop asking him for advice.
He also took an unscientific poll among members of his audience, asking whether they thought Woods was "a jerk."
And to balance things, Letterman also asked the audience if people thought he was a jerk. People clapped in response at both questions.
The Late Show was off the air last week, so this is Letterman's first chance to mention the Woods' scandal. The world's greatest golfer had a one-car accident near his home in Florida the day after Thanksgiving - sparking reports that he had been unfaithful to his wife.
Woods never acknowledged the allegations directly, but said he was sorry for his "personal failings" and how they affected his family. In October, Letterman admitted to workplace affairs that police say led to a blackmail plot.
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- London theater partially collapses; 80 injured
- Record Weekend Warmth 34 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Steps you can take to reduce fraud risk 48 min ago
- Attempted child luring in Newtown, Bucks County
- Holiday tips, cards stolen in East Pikeland Twp.
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding 47 min ago
- Cat hoarder at Grace Kelly home found guilty
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Video captures Laundromat robbery
- Teacher admits to sex with 4 students
- Bring old clothes to new H&M for savings
- Record Weekend Warmth
34 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos