David Letterman takes his swings at Woods
NEW YORK (AP) - December 8, 2009 -- The late night comedians aren't letting up in poking fun at Tiger Woods.
And one of the latest to take his swings is David Letterman - himself no stranger to domestic drama.
Letterman joked on his show last night that he wishes that Woods would stop asking him for advice.
He also took an unscientific poll among members of his audience, asking whether they thought Woods was "a jerk."
And to balance things, Letterman also asked the audience if people thought he was a jerk. People clapped in response at both questions.
The Late Show was off the air last week, so this is Letterman's first chance to mention the Woods' scandal. The world's greatest golfer had a one-car accident near his home in Florida the day after Thanksgiving - sparking reports that he had been unfaithful to his wife.
Woods never acknowledged the allegations directly, but said he was sorry for his "personal failings" and how they affected his family. In October, Letterman admitted to workplace affairs that police say led to a blackmail plot.
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Violent Chester police confrontation caught on video
- Wet to Wintry!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Driver loses control, hits parked SUV in South Philly 15 min ago
- Man charged with hoax near marathon finish line
- Bucks Co. runner set to return to Boston Marathon
- Hundreds rescued after ferry sinks near South Korea
- 20-month-old found safe, Amber Alert canceled
- High winds bring damage to Abington Twp.
- Chaka Fattah Jr. files $10 million federal lawsuit
- Woman delivers baby after church van crash
- Police: Pa. man tries to snatch baby from stroller
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos