David Letterman takes his swings at Woods
NEW YORK (AP) - December 8, 2009 -- The late night comedians aren't letting up in poking fun at Tiger Woods.
And one of the latest to take his swings is David Letterman - himself no stranger to domestic drama.
Letterman joked on his show last night that he wishes that Woods would stop asking him for advice.
He also took an unscientific poll among members of his audience, asking whether they thought Woods was "a jerk."
And to balance things, Letterman also asked the audience if people thought he was a jerk. People clapped in response at both questions.
The Late Show was off the air last week, so this is Letterman's first chance to mention the Woods' scandal. The world's greatest golfer had a one-car accident near his home in Florida the day after Thanksgiving - sparking reports that he had been unfaithful to his wife.
Woods never acknowledged the allegations directly, but said he was sorry for his "personal failings" and how they affected his family. In October, Letterman admitted to workplace affairs that police say led to a blackmail plot.
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge 50 min ago
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill 12 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman 45 min ago
- 1 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- ID theft warrant leads to pot bust in Hamilton Twp.
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Gun falls out of sock, kills thrift store worker
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip 38 min ago
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth 54 min ago
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill
12 min ago